AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
What is the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping course?
The AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping is a practical course where students will gain experience of bookkeeping within a small business environment.
Although there are no formal entry requirements, applicants should have a good standard of numeracy and literacy in order to be successful.
For more information please contact Sally.email@example.com
- Understanding the principles of processing financial transactions
- Understanding the double entry bookkeeping system
- Understanding discounts
- Prepare and process financial documentation for customers
- Process supplier invoices and credit notes and calculate payments
- Maintaining the cash book
- Maintaining petty cash records
- Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance
- Maintain control accounts
- Maintain the journal
- Banking procedures
Teaching and learning
The course will include tutorials combined with practical exercises covering all aspects of bookkeeping. In addition to the class work students will need to do 4 or 6 hours home study (depending on previous experience).
During the year you will sit two computer based assessments.
AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
Tuition fee £300
Assessment fee £80
Course material £5
AAT admission fee £41
Writing materials, paper, A4 file and calculator
Unless your tutor informs you otherwise, classes will not be held on College closure days. Details regarding these dates can be found in the Adult Student Handbook http://www.altoncollege.ac.uk/adult-education/adult-student-handbook or on the General Information page http://www.altoncollege.ac.uk/adult-education/general-information
This leaflet is available in other formats on request.