Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator)
What is the Diploma in Early Years Education and Care?
The level 3 Diploma offers learners a high standard of learning and development, and will allow progression to higher education for those who wish to take this route.
You will need at least a GCSE C grade in English and a GCSE C grade in Maths or be willing to study for them.
All Level 3 Early Years Educator qualifications will require candidates to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of early years education and care, including that they can:
- Support and promote children's early education and development
- Plan and provide effective care, teaching and learning that enables children to progress and prepares them for school.
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment
- Develop effective and informed practice
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children
- Work in partnership with the key person, colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals
- Paediatric First Aid (certificated by Edexel)
- Safeguarding (certificated by Alton College, a recognised qualification)
Teaching and learning
This is a 30 week course with 3 hours underpinning in college, candidates will be expected to complete about 12 hours of professional practice, which will include your workrole, as well as a minimum of 7 hours per week private study.
You will follow a City and Guilds assessment pack and you will be required to produce a portfolio and written assignments which will be internally and externally verified.
All Level 3 Early Years Educator qualifications must meet the national requirements set by the Office of qualifications and examinations regulation (Ofqual) for valid, reliable assessment and awarding procedures. They must also be regulated by Ofqual onto the Qualifications & Credit Framework or National Qualifications Framework.
At the end of the course you will have a professional Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care. This will enable you to enter the workforce as an early years educator or to progress into Higher Education.
£1,350 tuition fee.
Assessment, underpinning, registration and certification.
Text books, stationery, data sticks and calculators (where appropriate) Approximate cost of text books £40.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Unless your tutor informs you otherwise, classes will not be held on college closure days. Details regarding these dates can be found in the Adult Student Handbook http://www.altoncollege.ac.uk/adult-education/adult-student-handbook or on the general information page http://www.altoncollege.ac.uk/adult-education/general-information
This leaflet is available in other formats on request
- Adult Education Course: