Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
What is the Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools?
This qualification is for those who wish to or are already working in a school who want a qualification that proves skills and helps to develop a career.
The course provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding for those directly supporting the teaching and learning of pupils in schools.
Develop skills necessary for work as a teaching assistant or similar role.
Assess competency in the role as a teaching assistant in the school workplace environment.
An interview is required before you can enrol on this course.
- Child and young person development.
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Communication and professional relationships with children. young people and adults.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
- Help improve own and team practice in schools.
- Maintain and support relaitionships with children and young people.
- Support children and young people's health and safety.
- Support children and young people's positive behaviour.
- Support learning activities.
Teaching and learning
You will be expected to attend the underpinning classes, which will be 2.5 hours in duration every week during term time. The course will run for a period of 30 weeks.
To achieve this qualification, candidates must achieve a total of 30 credits from the 11 units, achieving 30 credits - with 24 credits coming from mandatory units.
You will follow the OCR assessment criteria and produce a portfolio of evidence as well as written assignments, which will be internally and externally verified.
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning where you are directly supporting the teaching and learning of pupils.
£1,000 tuition fee.
Registration and certification fee.
A lever arch file and writing equipment. A course book approximately £30.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Unless your tutor informs you otherwise, classes will not be held on college closure days. Details regarding these dates can be found in the Adult Student Handbook http://www.altoncollege.ac.uk/adult-education/adult-student-handbook or on the general information page http://www.altoncollege.ac.uk/adult-education/general-information
This leaflet is available in other formats on request
- Adult Education Course: