Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
What is the Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools course?
This qualification is for those members of the school workforce who directly support the teaching and learning of pupils.
The course provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding for those directly supporting the teaching and learning of pupils in schools.
Develop skills necessary for work as a teaching assistant or similar role. Assess competency in the role as teaching assistant in the school workplace environment.
An interview is required before you can enrol on this course.
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Schools as organisations.
- Support learning activities.
- Promote children and young people's positive behaviour.
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
- Support assessment for learning.
- Understand child and young person development.
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings.
- Understand how to safeguard the well being of children and young people.
- Support children and young people's health and safety.
Teaching and learning
You will be expected to attend the underpinning classes, which will be 3 hours in duration every week during term time. The evening course will run for a period of 30 weeks and the daytime one for 33 weeks (as it is fewer hours per week).
To achieve this qualification, candidates must achieve a total of 32 credits from 11 mandatory units, as well as completing selected optional units to complete the full award.
You will follow the OCR assessment criteria and produce a portfolio of evidence as well as written assignments, which will be internally and externally verified.
You will need a good standard of English and Mathematics.
Tuition fee £1,200
Registration and certification fees.
A lever arch file and writing equipment. A course book approximately £30.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Unless your tutor informs you otherwise, classes will not be held on college closure days. Details regarding these dates can be found in the Adult Student Handbook http://www.altoncollege.ac.uk/adult-education/adult-student-handbook or on the general information page http://www.altoncollege.ac.uk/adult-education/general-information
This leaflet is available in other formats on request
- Adult Education Course: