College Notices: 11th October 2012
by Kim small.
Please find below a summary of notices shown to students this week:
For all Students:-
Open Evening Reminder:
- College finished early
- Lessons will start at 10.25am on Friday 12th Oct for all students
- Bus timetables have been amended for Thursday afternoon
- All buses on Friday will run as usual
Calling all ambassadors!
- The Open evenings are really important events for the college. If you are not helping already, we would really appreciate your assistance for part or all of the evening.
- 1st Open Evening - Thu 11th Oct 3.30-8.30pm
- 2nd Open Evening - Tue 16th Oct 6.30-9.00pm
- A meeting was held for interested students. Please contact Mary Evans if you are able to help. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jeans for Genes Day
- Friday the 12th October.
- Please wear your jeans and bring a £1 donation.
- Cake sale at break time outside Beacon Science Centre.
- Help raise money for Genetic Disorders UK to help change the world for children with genetic disorders.
- Visit www.jeansforgenesgrantprogramme.org to find out more.
Booked Appointments – Important!
- There are a high number of students missing booked appointments with Senior Tutors or the Careers Adviser
- If you no longer require a booked appointment please come to the Hub desk where it can be cancelled and made available for someone else who needs it!
- Please be considerate and don’t miss your appointment!
- Please read your emails and College notices carefully for key deadlines - whether for:-
- Deadlines will be strictly adhered to.
The NUS (National Union of Students)
- What you get:
- a discount card (NUS Extra) which gets you genuine money off retail, travel, cinema, days out and more…
- £12 for 12 months
- Next week!
- Check Insight for your commitment grades.
- These should be grade 1 in each subject! (see the explanation on Insight).
- If it isn't a grade 1 you will need to set targets at your next 121 with your tutor to make sure it is next time!
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- All contraception
- Pregnancy testing
- Chlamydia Screening
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504–505 Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
For First Years:
Alton College Student Union
- Who are we?
- The job of the union executive is to promote the general interests of students at the College and represent students in the running of the College.
What do we do?
- Its role is also to promote, encourage and coordinate social, cultural, educational and sporting activities for Alton College students.
How to get involved
- You are already a member of the Union by being a member of the student body but would you like to take a more fundamental role and become a member of the new committee?
- The committee are elected into office and a new group of first year students will start this job in December.
Would you like to be part of this team?
- Watch this Space!
- Over the next few weeks we’ll tell you more about the different jobs and roles which make up the SU Executive.
- Next week – the President’s role
For Second Years:
The Student Finance Tour
- Will be visiting College on:
- Tuesday 16th October
- @ 1pm – Forum Hall for a short presentation
- Find out the facts about Student Finance for Uni including:
- the types of student finance available
- how to apply
- repayment structure
Considering applying to Winchester uni?
- AND meet any of the following requirements..........
- First in family (excluding brothers & sisters) to go to Uni
- Eligible for 16-19 Bursary
- Do you have health issues?
- Disrupted pattern of education
- Or other personal circumstances that mean a local university might be right for you?
- If so you might qualify for a guaranteed offer or interview
- Find out more at a meeting on Thursday 25th Oct @ 1pm – Sign up for a place at the Hub
- Need help with your UCAS application?
- Need help getting started?
- Ready to submit your application?
- Come along to a UCAS clinic held in Room 403:
- Mondays 1.30-4.30pm
- Wednesdays 12.30-3.30pm
- Fridays 9am-12pm
- What's related: