College Notices - 13th January 2012
by Kim small.
Please find below a summary of the notices shown to students this week:-
For all Students:
- We need your help to make the College an even better place for you...
- help us by doing our anonymous student survey
- you'll find the link on your Moodle homepage
Student Service Drop ins
- Need help with anything to do with your studies at Alton College?
- e.g. course queries / exam revision techniques / time and organisation / coursework management / motivation etc
- Please come along to the Hub between 12.45pm-1.30pm on Mon, Wed or Fri
- Come along and find out about the:
- Lions Club Awards
- Refectory on Tuesday 17th January
- 10.30am to 2.00pm
- The weekly volunteering drop in with Helen will also be held in the Refectory at the above time on the 17th Jan
- Exams have started.....
- Refer to the guidelines you have been given
- You MUST have your College ID card with you
- You MUST use black ink
- You MUST NOT have mobile phones or bags in the exam room
- Find out your exam room by viewing the Exam Notice Board in the Hub or on Moodle
- Morning exams start at 9am, afternoon exams at 1.30pm - arrive at least 15mins before start time
Exam Stress getting you down?
- An Exam Stress Busting workshop was held on Tuesday of this week
- Please contact Jan Symes if you missed the workshop but would like advice
- If you have an exam in the MORNING you must attend all subsequent lessons that day.
- If you have an exam during the AFTERNOON session you do not need to attend College in the morning, but must attend any lesson after the exam has finished.
- If you are taking a RESIT, you are NOT entitled to any study leave.
Need help deciding on your next steps after College?
- Need help/support researching higher education, further education, gap years, employment and training?
- Book an appointment with the Careers Adviser, Jane Lightbody, through Moodle - Student Resources
- There is also a careers drop-in on Mon, Tue, Thu between 1pm-2pm in the Hub. No appointment necessary, just come along with queries or to book an appointment with Jane directly
- First years: PLD Core w/c 30th Jan will be focussing on your plans After Alton.
- Work on a summer camp in the USA!
- London Recruitment Fair
- Saturday 28th Jan 2012
- Kensington Town Hall, London, W8 7NX
- Doors open at 12pm
- See www.campamerica.co.uk/events for further information
Sexual Health Clinic
- Contraception and Sexual Health Clinic
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504-505 in the Student Hub - please use the Austen end entrance (orange door)
Sutton Trust Summer Schools
- Find out what university life is really like with a free week-long introduction at a Sutton Trust Summer School
- Open to all students who are first generation to attend university
- Really excellent opportunity
- Huge range of subjects
- Find out more at www.suttontrust.com
- Applications close on 9th March 2012
- Universities & Colleges can take different lengths of time to make a decision
- If you have applied by 15th January you should hear at the very latest by the end of March (although this may take longer for very popular courses)
- Once your application has been sent check Track regularly for offers, invitations for interviews, auditions, additional essays or tests - reply to any invitations promptly.
- Don't forget - it's not too late to apply. Applications can be made through College up until 30th May
- You must contact the universities first though to check if there are any vacancies on the courses.
- Applications can now be made at www.direct.gov.uk - link: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/
- Don't leave it too late!
- Drop-ins to help you complete the application will be starting soon - watch out for details.
- What's related: