College Notices: 13th May 2013
by Kim Small.
FOR ALL STUDENTS:
- EXAMS HAVE NOW STARTED……
- Exam timetables are on Insight - room location and seat references will be available 24 hours before your exam. Please ensure you check this carefully – this is the only place it will be displayed.
- ARRIVE AT LEAST 15 MINS PRIOR TO EXAM START TIME
- YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING:-
- * ID Card * Black Pen * Pencil * Rubber/Ruler/Sharpener * Calculator (if required) – in a see-through pencil case
- DO NOT BRING:
- * Bags * Mobile Phone * Electronic Equipment * Unauthorised materials and papers * Fizzy drinks & food
For ALL students with Lockers
- ALL locker keys must be returned to the Student Hub between Monday 20th May and Friday 5th July for a £10 cash refund. Locker keys cannot be kept and used for the next academic year.
- You must clear your locker as they are emptied and cleaned over the holidays. No responsibility will be taken for any items left behind.
- Lockers for 2013-14 will be issued during September.
LifeForce Music Fest
- Tues May 21st 2013
- 11am – 2pm
- Martin Read Hall
- FREE ALL-DAY MUSIC FESTIVAL
- DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF MARTIN READ
- Featuring the cream of student bands from Alton College including Taking The State, Arctice and Inside Indigo.
- There will also be cakes, chess and live DJs.
International Day Against Homophobia & Transphobia (IDAHO)
- Is this Friday, 17th May
- Cake Sale 12 – 2pm outside Beacon Science
- Alton College celebrates and promotes diversity and equal opportunities for all. We aim to create an environment where staff, students and visitors are treated fairly
- We expect all to help us achieve this aim and will not tolerate any discrimination or persecution.
- We are committed to creating an environment where all feel welcomed, valued as individuals and confident that they will be regarded equally.
- Donations of cake (to Jan in the Hub) on Friday would be most welcome!
- Or come along and buy some Rainbow cakes (Rainbow is the symbol of gay pride); some students & staff will be dressing up in rainbow clothes!
- Gay- Straight Alliance
- Every Friday - Room 67 - 12.40 – 1.30
- Find support
- Be Support
- Be Yourself
- You don’t have to be gay to come along – you DO have to be anti homophobia and discrimination!
- Helen Freeston, the Volunteering Co-ordinator is in the Student Hub between 10.30am – 2pm every Tuesday
- (except w/c 20th May – when Helen will be in on Mon 20th, rather than Tue 21st)
- Many volunteering opportunities available – pop along to see Helen or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- Contraception including the Pill, Patch, Injection, Emergency Contraception, Pregnancy testing, Chlamydia Screening and Condoms
- Also advice on Coil and Implant and any other issues
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504 – 505 in the Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
FOR FIRST YEARS:
‘Welcome to Year 2’ meetings
- ALL students on the first year of a two year programme MUST ATTEND a ‘Welcome to Year 2’ meeting on:
- Wednesday 5th June
- in the Martin Read Hall at the following times:
- PLD groups ending in:
- ‘A’ groups @ 10.10am
- ‘F’ groups @ 10.35am
- ‘N’ groups @ 11.00am
- If you are unsure which PLD group you are in please ask your Tutor
- Please click on link for further information:
- For those students who are in an exam on the 5th June, alternative arrangements will be made – details to follow.
- w/c 13th & 20th May
- Personal Statements continued
- Update personal CV if needed
- All PLD Core lessons and catch up sessions are being moved from room 313 to room 403 (@ the back of the Martin Read Hall) from 13th-24th May due to Exams.
Ski Trip 2014
- 14-22nd Feb 2014 – Leysin , Switzerland • Transfer by luxury coach from College to Resort • 6 nights accommodation • Equipment hire for 6 days • Ski passes for 6 days • 6 hour daily lessons with instructors • Travel and medical insurance
- Book now on the online store - http://store.altoncollege.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?modid=1&prodid=0&deptid=0&compid=1&prodvarid=121&catid=28 or contact Lauren Harris-Jones in room 776 ( email@example.com )
FOR SECOND YEARS:
Considering a late UCAS application
- Applications must be submitted by the College deadline of 7th June to meet the UCAS final deadline of 30th June
- See ‘UCAS Apply Checklist’ for details on how to apply (Moodle / Student Resources / Making your UCAS application)
- Check availability of courses on UCAS Extra before adding choices to your application
- Applications made after the 30th June go straight into Clearing
Celebration & Award Evening
- CLASS OF 2013
- Wednesday 11th September 2013
- 7.30pm – 9.00pm
- You are invited back to College to celebrate your success, share your plans for the future and say goodbye to old classmates.
- The Celebration & Awards Evening recognises the tremendous achievements of our students during their time at College and special Awards are presented to former students who have been nominated by their peers and teachers for outstanding achievements.
- The event is free, so reserve a place for you and up to 2 family members through the Online Store
- Link: http://store.altoncollege.ac.uk/browse/product.asp?catid=193&modid=1&compid=1
- Guest speaker: To be announced.
- Light refreshments will be served.
- What's related: