College Notices: 14th September 2012
by Kim small.
Please find below a summary of notices shown to students this week:
For All Students:
- The Freshers Fair was held in the refectory on Wednesday enabling students to sign up for enrichment activities, join clubs, advice on volunteering and careers etc.
- If students wish to sign up for enrichments and haven’t yet done so please go to the Hub (space is limited).
- Order and pay via the online store.
- There are 4 types of locker: Laptop / Motorcycle / PE / Standard – please order the correct type.
- Print off your email receipt and bring to the Hub to collect your key.
- From Mon 17th Sept you must have a College Car Park Permit to park in Edward Road Car Park.
- Order via the online store
- Please consider carefully if you need to drive. Public transport is safer and cheaper in many cases
- Bus and Train passes are available for collection from the Student Hub
- For Trains:
- Remember to bring a passport sized photo or your SWT photo ID card in order to collect your pass (excludes Surrey Fare Card).
Careers & HE Guidance
- Careers & HE Guidance Interviews with Cat Holt – book through Moodle / Student Resources.
- ‘Drop in’ sessions between 1-2pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays for quick queries.
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Helen Freeston will be in the Student Hub every Tuesday from 10.30am to 2pm to provide information and advice on available volunteering opportunities.
- Young Carers (YC)
- Friday 14th Sep -12.45pm to 1.30pm
- DLC (Dynamic Learning Centre) – room 710
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) or Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)?
- Monday 17th Sept – 12.45pm to 1.30pm
- Room 79 (Foulkes Building)
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- All contraception
- Pregnancy testing
- Chlamydia Screening
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504–505 Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
For First Year Students:
- PLD Core Lessons
- All First Year students are required to attend fortnightly PLD Core Lessons
- If PLD Core shows on your timetable as Group 1 or 3 , lessons are held this week and fortnightly thereafter
- If PLD Core shows on your timetable as Group 2 or 4, your first lesson starts next week (w/c 17th Sept) and fortnightly thereafter.
- Attendance to PLD Core lessons is compulsory and if you miss a lesson you will be required to attend a catch up session.
- Week 1 includes:
- Live Edu and uploading documents
- Moodle - enrolled on courses - pre course work done??
- College email and IT use
- Look at Insight & Timetable
Sixth Form ESOL Classes
- Students who need to have ESOL added to their timetable should book to see a Senior Tutor to have the course added.
For Second Year Students:
Message from the Chaplain
- I shall be in the College Quiet Garden from 1pm on Monday 17th September for a time of prayer /reflection on behalf of the College community following the shocking, sad news about the untimely death of Martin Read.
- If you feel you would like to join me you would be most welcome.
- Commence on Friday 14th Sep in Room 403
- Mondays : 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Wednesdays: 12.30pm to 3.30pm
- Fridays: 9.00am to 12pm
- Need help with your UCAS application? – attend the UCAS clinic
- Important : Completed UCAS applications must be submitted at a UCAS clinic – follow the instructions on the UCAS checklist on Moodle / Student Resources / HE / Making your Application