College Notices: 16th March 2012
by Esther Silver.
• Please be sure to use Insight to record your thoughts on progress in your subjects/units.
• The top of your Insight page will highlight how many reflections you still have outstanding
Hire a car for the day...
• Help Whitehill & Bordon Eco-town win an Electric Car Club
• fill out the questionnaire on the homepage of the Eco-town website www.whitehillbordon.com
• go along to Whitehill Village Hall on Wednesday 28 March from 6.30pm - 8.30pm.
Jequirity Bean Bracelet WARNING
• The bracelet is made from a deadly seed and if swallowed has the potential to kill in doses of just 3 micrograms.
• People who have a bracelet are advised to bag it, wash their hands and avoid touching their eyes. Sealed bags should be sent to Hampshire County Council Trading Standards Service.
• For more information please go to www.kes.hants.sch.uk/resource.aspx?id=22568
Alton Infants School
...need help with their Butterfly Garden
• Do you enjoy art, could you help to paint
• Like to get involved and make a difference to local children?
• Volunteers urgently needed for the week beginning March 26th 2012
For more information contact: Helen Freeston Student Hub: Tuesday 10.30am – 2pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports Relief – 23rd March
• Dress Code: Sports Wear
• Race the mile (sign up in Hub)
• Lunchtime ZUMBA £1 – sign up at Hub
• Sign up for Vintage Olympics... teams of 6, £1 each.. egg and spoon, dressing up race etc... prize for best team...register now with Susie in the gym
• Boccia – open to all students, go to the sports hall on the day
• Instruct children in your favourite activity....swimming, art, tennis, football, science, dance, drama....
• Barracudas Activity Day Camps are recruiting now for Easter and Summer holiday workers
• Apply on-line at: www.barracudas.co.uk
Sexual Health Clinic
• Contraception and Sexual Health Clinic
• Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
• Rooms 504 – 505 in the Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
First year of a two year course:
Friday 16th March
Going to Portsmouth:
- prepare for the visit
- be at the front of College at 10.15
- know your coach number
Not going to Portsmouth:
- employment and careers workshops
- go to the Forum Hall at 10.15
Extended Project Introductory Meetings
• EPQ is an additional qualification which carries half the UCAS points of a full A level. Universities look favourably on the qualification and ask about it at interviews
• If you are interested in doing EPQ and have commitment grade 1 for all of your current subjects, come along and find out more.
Surnames A-L: Mon 19th March @ 12.40 in the DLC
Surnames M-Z: Wed 21st March @ 12.40 in the DLC
- What's related: