College Notices: 27th September 2012
by Kim small.
Please find below a summary of notices shown to students this week:
For all Students:
- All absences must be reported by a parent/ guardian on the Absence line: 01420 592214 - messages left by students will not be authorised.
- Pre-known absences should be advised before the day of the absence.
- Absences not known in advance should be advised on the day of the absence.
- If you are unwell during the day and need to go home you should sign out at the Hub and a parent/guardian must confirm the absence by the end of the next College day.
Think before you Speak
- Do you ever say ‘that’s so gay’?
- Did you realise many people, gay or not, find that offensive and discriminating?
- If you want to challenge discrimination and support diversity in College come along to:
- GSA (Gay – Straight Alliance)
- Every Friday
- Room 67 - 12.45 to 1.30
Southampton Hospital Open Day
- Saturday 29th Sept from 11am to 3pm
- See behind-the-scenes of a large teaching hospital
- Speak to staff and get an idea of what it is like to work in a hospital.
- Tours throughout the day.
- Free parking in the multi-storey car park.
- For more info call 023 8079 4853 or email UHSmember@uhs.nhs.uk
- Young Carers (YC)
- Friday 28th Sep -12.45pm to 1.30pm
- DLC (Dynamic Learning Centre) – room 710
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) or Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)?
- Monday 1st Oct – 12.45pm to 1.30pm
- Room 69 (Foulkes Building)
- Places still available on the Alton College Ski Trip
- Enquiries to Jerry Janes in room 712 or email Jerry (email@example.com)
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- All contraception
- Pregnancy testing
- Chlamydia Screening
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504–505 Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
For First Year Students:
- Lesson 2 (w/c 24Sept & 01Oct)
- Time Management – complete study plan
- Lesson 3 (w/c 08Oct & 15Oct)
- Advice on support available in College
- Internet Safety
More Able and Talented
- On Friday 5th October we will be launching our ‘More Able and Talented’ programme for the coming academic year.
- Students who performed very strongly in their GCSE’s will already have had an email invitation.
- Anyone else is welcome to attend but will need to book a place by signing up at the Hub.
For Second Year Students:
Personal Statement Advice
- Need help with your Personal Statement?
- Bring a print out of your draft statement to the UCAS Clinic (room 403) on:
- Monday 1st October (2-4pm)
- Monday 8th October (2-4pm)
- Friday 12th October (10am-12pm)
- Where a member of staff from Portsmouth University will be in College to provide advice on Statements for any university course (not just at Portsmouth!).
- What's related: