College Notices - 2nd February 2012
by Kim small.
Please find below a summary of notices shown to students this week:
For all students:
Alton College Diversity Week
- Mon 6th - Fri 10th February
- We are committed to celebrate our diversity and that of the society as a whole. We encourage everyone to see diversity and cultural pluralism as the positive forces that they are and endeavour to reflect this in all we do.
- Please try the 'diversity quiz' on Moodle!
- Check out the displays every day in the LRC
- Hear Prof Eric Anderson, Sports Studies, Uni Winchester, Fri 12.40-1.30pm, Forum Hall, speak on barriers to participation and homophobia in sport
- Presentation with Nicholas Wilkinson, Co-director from Graduate Study
- Find out about the 'Benefits of studying Abroad'
- Tue 7th February @ 12.45pm - Room 32
- Sign up at the Student Hub or email email@example.com
Sexual Health Clinic
- Contraception and Sexual Health Clinic
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504-505 in the Student Hub - please use the Austen end entrance (orange door)
For First years:
Thinking of University?
- 750 places available on our annual visit to the UCAS convention at the University of Portsmouth on the morning of 16th March.
- Over 100 uni's present to give info, advice and guidance on your future plans.
- This is a really excellent opportunity to kick start your uni research.
- Even if you're not sure about uni we strongly advise you attend to help you decide - it will cost nothing!
- Details of how to book will be emailed shortly.
Not thinking of Uni
- If you are 100% completely, absolutely certain that Uni is not for you...
- We will be running presentations and workshops on the 16th March to help you find out about all your other opportunities.
- Further details to follow.
- Summer work in the UK
- 2-6 weeks
- Working with children in a residential environment
- For more info see www.staffordhouse.co.uk
For Second years:
- Need help with your Student Finance application?
- University of Portsmouth will be in College on Tuesday 7th February for the first of a series of drop in sessions (not just for applications to Portsmouth)
- Room 44 - 10am to 2pm
- You will need to bring:
- * UCAS Personal ID and Password
- * National Insurance number
- * Passport (if you have one)
Replying to UCAS offers
- If you are at the stage of replying to your university offers, please remember to give this careful thought.
- We strongly advise that you select an insurance offer that is safe and within your current working at grades.
- Your insurance must ask for lower grades than your firm.
- Last year nationally 42% of applicants had an insurance at or above their firm offer - don't let this be you!
Goldman Sachs A-level Girls Programme
- 1 day event introducing female students to the dynamic world of Financial Services
- Meet with industry professionals and find out about career opportunities with this leading firm.
- Date: 14th February
- Location: Goldman Sachs, London
- Application deadline: 06 Feb
- See www.gs.com/careers - Events
- What's related: