College Notices - 9th February 2012
by Kim small.
Please find below a summary of the notices shown to students this week:
For all students:
Alton College Diversity Week
- Please try the 'diversity quiz' on Moodle! http://moodle.altoncollege.ac.uk/mod/quiz/view.php?id=58942
- Displays every day in the LRC
- A cake sale was held today (Thursday)
- Hear Prof Eric Anderson, Sports Studies, Uni Winchester, Friday @ 12.40 in the Forum Hall, speak on barriers to participation and homophobia in Sport
- Bus passes for the Summer Term are now available to purchase on the online store
- The price is only £110 - pay in full or in 2 instalments of £55
- Passes will be available for collection from the Hub desk from 26th March
- If you would like to buy a bus pass but you will have problems paying for it, please come to the Hub desk and enquire about a bursary.
- Bursaries are available to families whose income is less than £20,000 per year. Funds are limited so please apply now.
- If you are already in receipt of a bursary for your bus pass, you do not need to re-apply. Your bus pass will be ordered for you - you just need to collect it on 26th March.
Student Volunteering Week
- w/c 20th February
- If you are volunteering remember to complete your Lions Award - all the information is on Moodle
- If you need some help setting up a volunteering opportunity for yourself come and see Helen in the Hub on Tuesday morning 10.30am - 2.00pm.
- Look out for the article in the local papers
Driving Awareness Week
- w/c 27th February
- Mon - Road Safety Simulator - 11am to 2pm - Refectory
- Tue - Moped Safety - 11am to 2pm - Refectory
- Wed - Fire and Rescue - 12.45pm - Bowling Green
- Thu - Seatbelts and Reaction Test - 11am to 2pm - Refectory
- Fri - Impairment Goggles and Drugsbox-11am-2pm-Refectory
Sexual Health Clinic
- Contraception and Sexual Health Clinic
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504-505 in the Student Hub - please use the Orange Door, Austen end entrance
- 750 places available on our annual visit to the UCAS convention at the University of Portsmouth on the morning of the 16th March.
- Over 100 uni's present to give info, advice and guidance on your future plans.
- This is a really excellent opportunity to kick start your uni research.
- Even if you're not sure about uni we strongly advise you attend to help you decide - it will cost nothing!
- BOOK NOW THROUGH THE ONLINE STORE
Not thinking of Uni
- If you are 100% completely, absolutely certain that Uni is not for you...
- We will be running presentations and workshops to help you find out about all your other opportunities.
- Further details to follow.
- Need help with your Student Finance application?
- Come along to a Student Finance drop in session run by a representative from the University of Portsmouth
- Tuesday 21st Feb - Room 74 - 10.15am to 2.00pm
- You will need to bring:
- * UCAS Personal ID and password
- * National Insurance number
- * Passport (if you have one)
- What's related: