College Notices: 9th November 2012
by Kim small.
The following is a summary of notices shown to students this week:
For All Students
- We have received complaints regarding litter being left around town.
- The Police, PCSO’s and Council Wardens can issue £50 fines "on the spot" if they see people littering.
- Use the many bins provided and keep Alton a pleasant town to study and live in.
- Please remember there is only 1 designated area for smoking on the College site.
- We have noticed a considerable increase in the number of smokers by the Linnets Way car park.
- Please respect our neighbour's and do not smoke at the College entrances
- A presentation was shown by tutors this week – this can be downloaded from Moodle / Student Resources / Exams Help - Exams presentation - updated 2012. Click VIEW and then NOTES PAGE
- Over the next 3 weeks your teachers will be meeting with you to review your progress.
- Make sure you have completed your reflection before the meeting.
Careers in the Royal Navy/Royal Marines
- On Wed 28th November
- A representative from the Royal Navy / Royal Marines will be visiting College to discuss Career opportunities
- Please sign up at the Student Hub or email Kim Small - firstname.lastname@example.org- if you would like to attend.
- A Remembrance Service will be held and a two minutes silence observed on the Bowling Green on Friday 9thNovember.
- Staff and students who want to attend are to be in place by 10.55am.
- Poppies are on sale in Reception, the LRC and the Hub.
Tree of Remembrance
- TREE OF REMEMBRANCE in the HUB To honour the memory of any loved one/ friend who has died
- Write a message of remembrance on a paper leaf Or just leave the leaf blank, if you feel that's more appropriate
- We will remember them.
- Chaplain Tara
Children in Need
- ‘Children in Need fundraising activities are happening all of next week culminating in the Promises’ Auction on Friday.
- Watch out for event information on Moodle.
- Don’t forget to send your ideas for Promises by email to Jo Gardner or Yegor Ryazanov.’
- Charity Dodgeball Tournament
- Friday 16th November
- 12.40 in the Sports Hall
- £6 per team (£5 if you have a playing Pudsey) –6 players per team
- See Suzy Batty (Gym) to submit teams and entry fee
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- All contraception
- Pregnancy testing
- Chlamydia Screening
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504–505 Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
For First Years:
More Able & Talented Programme
- For All students who attended the launch of the More Able & Talented programme
- Please enrol on the MA&T programme on Moodle in order to receive all announcements about MA&T activities.
- Lesson 5 (w/c 12Nov & 19Nov)
- o Complete Insight Action Plan on Progress Review
- o LRC Induction
- Lesson 6 (w/c 26Nov & 03Dec)
- o Evaluate time management and identify tools available
Student Union Applications
- Thursday 8th November was the deadline for applications
- Remember to attend the briefing meeting on Friday 9th November at 1pm in the DLC.
For Second Years:
Student Finance in HE – Presentation for Parents
- Thursday 22nd November
- 6.00pm and 7.30pm
Seats bookable via the online store - no charge http://store.altoncollege.ac.uk/browse/department.asp?compid=1&modid=1&deptid=170
- What's related: