College Notices: w/c 11th March 2013
by Nicola Wells.
1. Easter Eggstravaganza!
- The annual ‘Name the Lion’ is at reception
- Tickets £1 each
- Proceeds to Bushy Leaze Children & Families Centre, Alton
- Prizes: Giant Chocolate egg / Small cuddly Lion
- Draw takes place: 28th March
2. Comic Relief Jumble Sale
- Need a wardrobe revamp? – Unworn clothes we need you!
- Please bring in items, clothing (no kids wear), shoes, accessories for our Comic Relief Jumble Sale
- Just drop your bags off at the hub and each item will be sold for bargain prices
- On Friday 15th March for Comic Relief
- All funds raised will go to our collection
3. Charity Dodge Ball Tournament
- FRIDAY 15th March
- 12.45 in the Sports Hall
- £6 per team
- 6 players per team
- See Suzy Batty (Gym) to submit teams and entry fee
4. Health and Wellbeing Fair
- Thursday 21st March
- Gay- Straight Alliance
- Every Friday - Room 67 - 12.40 – 1.30
- Find support
- Be Support
- Be Yourself
- You don’t have to be gay to come along – you DO have to be anti homophobia and discrimination!
6. Simply Go Buses - Summer Exam Period
- Please note the Simply Go Buses will be running a normal service during the summer exam period
- This includes the inset day on the 3rd June.
7. The Alternative
- The Alternative is starting a weekly TV review section.
- We are looking for people who regularly watch a series (drama, comedy or documentary strand) and would be willing to write short weekly opinion pieces.
- If you are interested email Robert Eyers on email@example.com
8. Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- Contraception including the Pill, Patch, Injection, Emergency Contraception, Pregnancy testing, Chlamydia Screening and Condoms
- Also advice on Coil and Implant and any other issues
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504 – 505 in the Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
9. UCAS Convention – Surrey
- Mon 18th / Tue 19th March
- Remember to collect a Convention Guide from the Student Hub to read before you go!
- Remember which day and coach you are booked on – NO CHANGES ARE PERMITTED
- Be at the front of College to board the coach from 9.15am
10. Extended Project Introductory Meetings
- Are you interested in doing an Extended Project?
- EPQ is an additional qualification which carries half the UCAS points of a full A level. Universities look favourably on the qualification and ask about it at interviews.
- If you are interested in doing EPQ and have commitment grade 1 for all of your current subjects, come along and find out more.
- To try to even out the meetings, please attend as follows:-
- Surnames A-L: Mon 18th March @ 12.40-1.10pm in the DLC
- Surnames M-Z: Wed 20th March @ 12.40-1.10pm in the DLC
- If you are attending the UCAS Convention on Monday please go to the Wednesday meeting / if you are attending the UCAS Convention on Tuesday please go to the Monday meeting
11. Lancaster University Summer Schools
- Year 12 Aspire Summer Schools available in:
» Arts & Social Science
» Business & Management
» Health & Medicine
- All places are FREE for students who meet one or more of the following criteria: * neither parent attended university * is, or has been a looked after young person * has experienced difficult family or individual circumstances that have affected performance * has a disability that they feel would prevent them from progressing to higher education * is entitled to free school meals
- For more information and to book a place visit: www.lancs.ac.uk/schools/summer-schools
12. RED NOSE DAY! - BAKE DAY
- The photography gang are holding a bake sale in the department on Friday 15th March to raise some ‘dough’ for Comic Relief!
- Come and join us at break and lunchtime and help us raise as much money as possible!
13. Student Finance Workshops
- Places still available for workshops on the following dates:
- Fri 22nd Mar: 10.00am - 2pm
- Fri 26th Apr: 10.00am - 2pm
- Experts from universities will be available to help you with your application (no matter which universities you have applied to)
- Please sign up for a place at the Student Hub
- All applications should be completed by the 31st May 2013 to ensure that the money is available for the start of Uni courses in Sep/Oct
14. Student UCAS Survey on Moodle
- Hello again all second years who have applied for HE through UCAS this year.....
- Thanks to those that have already completed the survey - I really need more of you to respond so that I can confidently use the results to make improvements.
- It would be really helpful if you would complete the survey by the end of this week (15th March): SHORT Survey
- Thanks again, Esther Silver, Director of Student Support and Admissions
- What's related: