College Notices w/c: 14th January 2013
by Kim small.
1. January Exams
- Exams are currently in progress – please be considerate of your fellow students by observing notices and keeping quiet where exams are taking place.
- Please note – this is the LAST EVER January Exam session. In the future you will only be able to take exams or retakes in the summer.
2. Your NEW SU…..
- The new SU executive have started work and are keen to hear your opinions on College matters. PLD seems a good place to get your feedback
- The football table arrives shortly – where do you want it to go: a) the ref or b) the shop
- Could tutors count the votes and using the link please email Jess your results
3. Battle of the Bands
- Are you in a band?
- Fancy competing in a cross-college Battle of the Bands competition with Farnborough, Godalming and QMC?
- The Battle will commence on 29th January during lunch
- email: James Lowe if you’d like to compete
- You can compete if there are non-College band members
4. Tell us what you think!
- Please help us promote the college to future students by answering the short survey on Moodle called 'How has your first term been?'
- Want to be in a professional college photo shoot? Email Nicola.Rogers@altoncollege.ac.uk for details.
5. Fundraisers Urgently Needed
- Arthritis Research need people to hold collection tins outside Tesco’s in Petersfield on Friday 25th and Saturday 26th .
- If you could spare an hour on either of these days please contact Helen Freeston, Volunteer Coordinator – email@example.com or pop in to the Student Hub, Tuesday 10.30am – 2pm.
6. University Taster Courses
- You can preview the 2013 university taster courses at:
- The site is now open for applications and includes events by LSE, Royal Holloway, Goldsmiths, UCL, London Metropolitan, South Bank and more...
7. Considering a Career in the RAF?
- A representative from the RAF Careers service will be in College on:
- Wed 30th January
- Come along to…….
- A presentation in the Martin Read Hall at 10.30am
- Sign up at the Hub for an individual careers meeting with the RAF careers adviser.
8. Part-time work opportunity
- Great opportunity to join a lively, enthusiastic and friendly team at The Sun Inn, Bentworth, Nr Alton
- Kitchen and waiting duties available
- Good rates of pay and full training given
- Various shifts available
- Please call Mary for more information on 01420 562338
9. Litter in Car Parks
- When clearing out rubbish from your car please use bins provided:
- littering has been observed in our own car park, in nearby roads and in Sainsbury car park
- please be considerate of others in keeping our College and local environment clean
- Thank you
10. PLD Core (First years only)
- For the start of term the PLD sessions will be focussing on volunteering….
- - what are the benefits
- - how to find placements
- - how to record and get recognised
11. Applying to Competitive Courses (First Years only)
- These sessions start this week.
- Check your timetable on Insight for details of which group to attend, when and where.
12. Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- Contraception including the Pill, Patch, Injection, Emergency Contraception, Pregnancy testing, Chlamydia Screening and Condoms
- Also advice on Coil and Implant and any other issues
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504 – 505 in the Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
- What's related: