College Notices: w/c 15th April 2013
by Kim Small.
Bus / Train Passes
- Summer Bus and Train passes available for collection from the Student Hub
New Volunteering Opportunities
- Budding artists needed to help with a Street Art Mural at Anstey Park on the 11th May.
- Music event in Bordon needs volunteers to help on the 4th May. If you do a 6 hours shift you get free entry.
- There are many more volunteering opportunities, so come and find out more about what you can do.
- Contact: Helen Freeston, Volunteer Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org - or pop in to the Student Hub, Tuesday’s 10.30am – 2pm.
- Gay- Straight Alliance
- Every Friday - Room 67 - 12.40 – 1.30
- Find support
- Be Support
- Be Yourself
- You don’t have to be gay to come along – you DO have to be anti homophobia and discrimination!
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- Contraception including the Pill, Patch, Injection, Emergency Contraception, Pregnancy testing, Chlamydia Screening and Condoms
- Also advice on Coil and Implant and any other issues
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504 – 505 in the Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
Moving from Year 1 to Year 2 (for first years)
- Make sure you select your Year 2 programme on Insight
- Please read the important information on Moodle under Student Resources / Moving from Year 1 to Year 2
Qualifications on Entry (for first years)
- Please check that we have your correct GCSE/School qualifications on Insight
- These can be found on Insight under Exams / Qualifications on Entry
- If anything is missing or incorrect please bring a copy of the certificate to the Hub
Oxford and Cambridge (for first years)
- If you are considering applying to Oxford or Cambridge, the DEADLINE for handing your completed ‘green’ form in at the Student Hub is Friday 19th April
Summer School at BDO for careers in Accountancy (for first years)
- BDO have launched a new Summer School.
- 2 weeks from 29th July to 9th August 2013.
- Gain valuable work experience and potentially secure a place on their School Leaver Programme.
- To be eligible you:
- must be in Year 12
- be working towards 280 UCAS points or equivalent (taken from your highest three A-Level grades)
- Grade B or above in GCSE Maths and English
- For more details and to apply click on the following link and select ‘Apply Now’……. http://www.bdoschoolleavers.co.uk/page.aspx/Summer-School
PLD Core (for first years)
- w/c 15th & 22nd April
- Student Finance – Barclays Moneyskills
- w/c 29th April & 6th May
- Personal Statements – All students
- Important, guidance – Introduction Session
Nominations for Friendship Award (for second years)
- Each year we award one student with the Ian Buchan Friendship Award in memory of Ian who was a second year student when he died in January 2002. His parents have set-up this award to give to a student who has been a particularly good friend and/or provided support to another student.
- If you know of a fellow student who you would like to nominate for this award please email as much relevant detail as possible to email@example.com before Friday 24th May, which is the deadline for nominations.
- The winner will be presented with a prize at the Celebration and Award Evening on 11th September 2013.
Student Finance (for second years)
- The recommended deadline for applying for Student Finance is the 31st May – completing your application by this date will ensure that funds are available when you start university in Sept/Oct.
- Apply via www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk
- We will be running one more workshop on the 26th April – please sign up at the Student Hub if you need help.
UCAS – Replying to Offers (for second years)
- If you received all your decisions from your universities by the 31st March…..
- You MUST respond to the offers in UCAS Track by the 8th May
- If you don’t, UCAS will assume that you don't want any of your offers and will decline them on your behalf.
Making your plans for next year (for students on a 1 year course)
- It is very important that you read the information in the ‘How to make your plans for next year (2013)’ leaflet – also available on Moodle under Student Resources.
- What's related: