College Notices: w/c 15th December 2014
by Kim Small.
For All Students
Assessment Week - Revision
- Christmas Revision Outline Plan available on Moodle / Student Resources
- Plan what you need to revise for your January Assessments
- Have some days off, but make good use of the time!
Use of Lifts
- A gentle reminder that priority use of lifts must be given to disabled users (students, staff and visitors).
- If you are able-bodied, don't use the lifts - please use the stairs.
- This matter was raised recently by students from Treloar's College
- Thank you, Jane Machell, Principal
Important Exam Information
- National guidelines and regulations for separate rooming in exams have changed.
- If you have had smaller or separate rooming either at College or at your previous school, please contact our Exams Officer, Frances Standen, by email Frances.Standen@altoncollege.ac.uk
- It is essential that you do this before the Christmas break.
- Full information is on Parents Pages of the website – Exams Information, Access Arrangements.
Summer 2015 exam re-sits
- If you want to re-sit exams in the summer you need to make your applications via the on-line store
- We strongly recommend making applications before the Christmas break
- The FINAL DEADLINE is Tuesday 10th February and we WILL NOT be able to accept applications after this date.
- When you apply please check that you receive your on-line store receipt to confirm that your purchase has been successfully processed.
- If you are having any problems making your application then come to the Student Hub for help.
‘A Night at the Movies’
- An extravaganza of song and dance inspired by the soundtracks of well known films. Do you love to boogie like Billy Elliot, fancy partying on board the Titanic or singing along to songs from Disney? If the answer is yes, then this is the show for you.
- Wednesday 17th and Thursday 18th December at 7.30pm. Tickets are £4.50/5.50 and are available from the Wessex Arts website: http://tickets.wessexarts.co.uk/Sales/Whats-On/Alton-College-Performances
Alton College Student Union Presents.. Festive Thursday
- Thursday 18th December
- Wear your Christmas Jumpers
- Live Music in the Martin Read Hall
- Candy Floss, Donuts and Chocolate Fountain in the Refectory
- Tombola in the Refectory
- Release of Alton College’s Band Aid Video
- Events start start at 12.30pm until 2.00pm on the day!
- Fundraising for ‘Hand in Hand for Syria’
Bands for Syria
- 18th December 2014 – 1pm to 2pm
- Martin Read Hall
- As part of the Festive Firsday event, some of our talented college musicians are joining with the Student’s Union to host a festive party in the Martin Read Hall. Much dance. Very Music. Wow!
- Featuring: Northbound Trio * The Ollie West Band * We Found a Fire * The Ed Allen Trio * Twelve to Six * Beyond the City * and more!
- FREE entry
- Whilst the whole event is free, all money raised from SU food sales and your kind donations will go to the charity ‘Hand in hand for Syria’
Issue 5 of The Alternative
- We need you...
- to contribute, email firstname.lastname@example.org with submissions or queries
- Like our Facebook page for regular updates and article links: facebook.com/thealternative
- View the complete issue 4 at altonalternative.wordpress.com
- End of Term:
- Friday 19th December
- Lessons finish at 12.40pm
- Buses leave at 1.00pm
- Start of Term:
- First day of teaching: Tuesday 6th Jan 2015
- @ 8.50am
For Second Years:
Alton College Art Foundation Course
- Students thinking about a career in Art and design should apply for a Foundation Diploma course by submitting an application form before Christmas.
- It is recommended that students apply to other Foundation course should make an application to Alton College Foundation Diploma course.
- There will be a meeting arranged in January to give information about the Foundation course.
- Applicants work will be reviewed in the week of February 23rd 2015 and the majority of places offered shortly afterwards.
- OUTSTANDING RESULTS
- BTEC Foundation Diploma in Art and Design 2013
- Students studying at Alton college Foundation received 51% Distinction at against national average benchmarks of 27.9 %
- For applications contact Mark Taylor in the art staff room
- What's related: