College Notices: w/c 15th September 2014
by Kim Small.
For All students
- We've received complaints about the behaviour of some of our students
- Whilst walking to College, waiting at bus stops etc, please show courtesy and do not block the pavements, also be aware of the language you use
- Remember - Stagecoach buses are used by members of the public as well as by students
- For the very small number of students who might not show courteous behaviour, remember that poor behaviour reflects badly upon the College.
- Please show respect for others
- Thinking about a career in the Police? Want to work alongside them in their day to day work in helping people prevent crime?
- Student Watch is a crime partnership between Alton College an Hampshire Constabulary allowing students an insight into the work of the Police.
- First meeting – Friday 1pm – room 73 (red route)
Do you like to sing? Do you like to dance?
- Why not get involved in the College show ‘A Night at the Movies’
- You must be available for weekly rehearsals on Wednesdays 2-4pm and the performances on 21st and 22nd January
- Please contact Louisa Church for more information Louisa.firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are interested in instrumental/singing lessons please email Pande Shahov email@example.com and you will be emailed all the necessary information and a link to the online sign-up form
Charity Event – Friday 19th September
- Charity Event – Friday 19th September at 3.30pm in the Sports Hall to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Penalty Shoot out
- Anyone can come along and have a go
- £1 fee allowing 5 attempts
Ultimate Sport Challenge
- Raising money for Marie Curie Cancer Trust
- Tuesday 23rd September @ 12.30
- Team of 4
- Previous winner was an International cricketer
- Cake to be won
- £1 per person / 20p for spectators
- You will play all these Sports: Netball (shooting) / Badminton (serving) / Basketball (shooting) / Football (crossbar) / Cricket (bowling the wickets) / Lacrosse (catching from the wall) / Rugby (passing through a hoop) / Dig shot (shot into ground basket)
Rounders tournament to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care
- Thursday 25th September @ 12.45pm
- Venue: Alton College Sports Hall
- Equipment needed: Sports kit e.g. trainers
- Cost: any donation (minimum £1) per player
- Team: 8 players per team
- Test your skills for chance to win a chocolate medal!!!
- Can you beat the keeper?
- Think you can score 3 in a row?
- Win a prize for scoring 2 or 3 goals!!!!
- Each penalty is only 20p!!!
- Participate in a charity event to raise money for Macmillan Cancer support!
- Friday 26th September – Sports Hall – 3.30pm to 4.30pm
- Thursday 2nd October
- From 3.30pm to 8.00pm
- College finishes at 1pm
- Please speak to your subject teachers to see how you can help
Calling Football referees…..
- If anyone is a qualified Football referee and are available on a Wednesday afternoon
- Please contact Dean Gillatt in the Sports department
- You could referee some College games and get paid
- Apres Ski
- Donutting, Karaoke, Ice Hockey, Murder Games, Sauna and Swim, Awards Night
For First Years only:
- Completed your……………
- Induction Checklist
- Time Management (Alton College Study Plan)
New Parents’ Welcome Evening 2014
- Thursday 18th September
- A chance for parents to meet Tutors
- @ 6pm in Tutor Base rooms
- Students are not required to attend
ACTION FOR TODAY:
- Check all of your information on Insight including the Personal Details tab and your qualifications on entry information under the Exams tab
- Go to the student hub if changes need to be made
For Second Years only:
Work Experience Briefing
- Tuesday 30th September
- Compulsory meeting for all Level 3 students going out on Work Experience
- Martin Read Hall @ 1pm
- 19th September: Deadline for all Oxbridge, Medics, Dentists and Vets
- 24th October: advisory College deadline for A-level student applications
- 14th November: advisory College deadline for BTEC Ext Dip student applications
- 24th November: FINAL College deadline for ALL applications
- Please collect a copy of the 'Completing your UCAS Application' booklet from your tutor today (if you haven't already done so)
- UCAS clinics are held daily in the LRC from 1pm to 3pm
- Sign up for a slot at the Student Hub
- Don’t wait to complete your application before attending a UCAS clinic
- Register on www.UCAS.com if you haven’t already done so
- Log on to Insight and click on the UCAS Application tab
- Read the Summary page and add your UCAS ID
- Complete the following sections of the online UCAS application: Personal Details / Additional info / Student Finance / Education / Employment – and sign up to attend a UCAS clinic at the Hub- you can complete 1 section at a time and get it checked or several in one go
- Complete Course choices and Personal Statement sections on Insight and obtain approval from your tutor – once approved transfer your choices and statement to your online UCAS application
- Complete the pay/send section of the online application
- Attend a UCAS clinic for final approval (sign up at the Hub)
- Your application and reference will then be sent to UCAS within 15 term days
- What's related: