College Notices: w/c 16th September 2013
by Kim Small.
For All Students:
Jeans for Genes Day
- Friday 20th September
- Please wear your jeans and bring a £1 donation.
- Help raise money for Genetic Disorders UK to help change the world for children with genetic disorders.
- Visit http://www.jeansforgenesday.org/ to find out more
- For those that have signed up for an Enrichment course/activity.
- Your enrichment tutor will be in contact shortly by email regarding start date/timings etc
‘New’ ATM Cash Machine in Refectory
- The machine is free to use with no charges
- Take out as little as £5
- Works as per normal bank cash point’s whereby out of date cards and stolen cards will be withheld.
- to keep your pin number secure and don’t allow anyone else to see when using the machine
- CCTV is in constant use in the refectory and any abuse of this machine will not be tolerated
- Bus & Train Passes:
- Available for collection from the Student Hub.
- For Trains:
- Remember to bring a passport sized photo or your SWT photo ID card in order to collect your pass (excludes Surrey Fare Card).
- Gay- Straight Alliance
- Every Friday - Room 67 - 12.40 – 1.30
- Find support
- Be Support
- Be Yourself
- You don’t have to be gay to come along – you DO have to be anti homophobia and discrimination!
Recycle your old Spectacles!
- Alton Lion’s Spectacle Collection bin
- Located in the Student Hub
- Collected and distributed to people in developing countries
- Donate your old spectacles and change someone’s life.
- Free for You – Priceless to Them
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- All contraception
- Pregnancy testing
- Chlamydia Screening
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504–505 Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
First Year Students:
Welcome Evening for parents of new students
- Please remind your parents to attend the:
- Welcome Evening
- Thursday 19th September
- at 6pm or 7pm
- in the Sports Hall
Student Home Page
- Do you know your way around yet? How to find out what’s going on? How to see your timetable? The links on your Student Home Page are designed to help you….
Time Plan reminder
- Have you completed your time plan?
- You should spend the same time outside of lessons studying as you do in lessons – when are you doing this?
- Set homework is only part of what you need to do… research, reading, preparing for lessons…check moodle for each of your subjects…
Second Year Students:
UCAS – Steps to Applying
- Register (most of you will have done this during a PLD Core session)
- Complete UCAS application online – use the ‘Completing your UCAS application’ booklet and attend UCAS clinics for help and advice completing each section. If you have completed a section, come to a clinic to get it signed off.
- Complete UCAS Checklist (centre of yellow booklet) and take along to your tutor
- Complete the Pay/Send section
- Submit completed checklist at a UCAS clinic
Sign up at the Student Hub for a slot at a UCAS clinic
Personal Statement Advice
- Alongside help with your UCAS application you can sign up for help/advice with your Personal Statement.
- As well as help from College staff, from w/c 23rd Sept we will have a representative from a university in once a week to check through Personal Statements – this is an excellent opportunity to get advice from a university’s perspective.
Sign up for a slot at the Student Hub
- 23rd September: Deadline for all Oxbridge, Medics, Dentists and Vets
- 25th October: advisory College deadline for all applications
- 25th November: FINAL College deadline for ALL applications.
- Clinic times:
- Mondays & Wednesdays:.12.30pm to 3.30pm
- Fridays:.........................9.00am to 12.00pm
- What's related: