College Notices: w/c 17th June 2013
by Kim Small.
Reminder For Students on a 1 year course (100 groups):
- Presentation Event - Thursday 20th June at 12.45pm in the Berkoff Theatre with light refreshments afterwards.
College notices to be shown to students on Thursday 20th June
Student Mentor Training
- 1st session - Held on Tuesday 18 June 12.40-1.30 in the DLC (room 710 in Austen)
- Look out for Student Moodle postings and all Student Mentor information can be found under the yellow duck icon in Moodle
- 2nd session - Tue 25th IT classrooms
- 3rd session - Tue 2nd DLC
- Please contact Jan Symes if you have any queries
- If you are interested and haven’t spoken to your Personal tutor about this, please do so asap
Hermes Property Registration
- Mobile Phones, Bikes, Cameras, and Laptops are just a few examples of valuable personal possessions stolen every day in Hampshire
- If the details of your property are logged on the Hermes Database, you are much more likely to get them returned to you
- Members of the College’s Student Watch project in conjunction with Hampshire Police will be able to add details of any of your valuable items in the refectory between 10am and 2 pm on Monday July 1st. Please bring items with you so that their details can be scanned into the system.
- Get it Logged. Get it Back
- Thursday 4th July – 11.25am to 3.00pm
- Timetabled lessons will be replaced by a programme for all including:
- Uni Presentations on Personal Statements, visits to the Fair, sessions on Finance & UCAS applications.
- There will be over 80 exhibitors * Uni’s * Gap Year organisations * Employers * Apprenticeships * Volunteering *
Tutors will be provided with a copy of the programme for the day in their pigeon holes this week – students will be given an individual copy in PLD next week (Thursday 27th June)
- An alternative work based programme will be taking place for students who are 100% certain that they don’t want to go to Uni
- Please let you tutor know today (Thursday 20th June)
- Tutor please email names to Kim Small by 21st June
As well as the Fair, some visitors have offered to provide talks on the following:
- Nursing – Talk provided by a Consultant Trainee nurse on Learning Disability Nursing
- Accounting/Business – Progression routes with Ernst & Young
- US Sport Scholarships (only applicable for very high performing students usually competing at County, Regional, National Level)
- Please sign up at the Student Hub to attend one of the above talks.
Reading Festival Winner
- Congratulations to Joe who is our lucky winner of a pair of weekend camping tickets to Reading Festival.
- Huge thanks to everyone who entered. Your support really counts towards our Building Futures Appeal for the new Engineering and Design Technology Centre.
Sporting Holiday of a Lifetime
- Are you 16-17 years old and do you fancy theSporting holiday of a lifetime for just £50?
- Aldershot Town F.C. Community Trust is joining forces with NCS this Summer 2013 to provide the opportunity of a lifetime.
- Week 1 (29Jul-2Aug) Sporting residential - PGL centre Wiltshire
Week 2 (5-9 Aug) Sporting residential at Reading University
Week 3 (12-16 Aug) Give something back to the local community e.g. assisting coaching children in various sports, fund raising for charities etc
- On completion of the course all students will receive a certificate from the Prime Minister as a reward for their fine efforts. NCS also looks great on your UCAS form!
- Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis and filling fast. if you are interested please contact FITC@THESHOTS.CO.UK asap to avoid disappointment.
- Bus Passes for September 2013 are now available to order on the online store.
- Autumn Term:
- Payment 1 – between 1st June to 30th June - £80
- Payment 2 – between 1st July to 31st July - £80
- Payment 3 – between 1st August to 31st August - £80
- One payment - 1st June to 31st August - £240
- Annual passes are available at a discounted rate of £510. This gives an overall saving of 15% on termly passes – also available for purchase on the online store
- If you do not pay by 31st August your pass will not be ready for the first day of term and you will have to pay on the bus.
- If you are a qualified Football referee and would like to earn some money next year.
- We are looking for people to referee the college home games on a Wednesday afternoon (1.30 -4.00)
- If you are interested please contact Dean Gillatt in the Sports Department
- If you receive a bursary this year or think you might now be eligible, you must apply by collecting, completing and returning a 2013/14 application–available from the Student Hub
- This year the bursary will cover 100% of the Simply Go Bus Pass annual cost and we will order for you.
SKi Trip 2014
- On Sale Now!
- Apres Ski * Donutting * Karaoke * Ice Hockey * Murder Games * Sauna and Swim * Awards Night
- Book a place via the Alton College online store
w/c 17th & 24th June
- UCAS registration (to be confirmed)
- Prepare for Progression Fair
- Insight Action Plan
w/c 1st & 8th July
- UCAS registration
- Completion of Personal Statement or any other outstanding work
Please note that all PLD Core lessons and catch up sessions normally in room 313 have moved to room 322 until the end of term due to Exams.
- Gay- Straight Alliance
- Every Friday - Room 67 - 12.40 – 1.30
- Find support
- Be Support
- Be Yourself
- You don’t have to be gay to come along – you DO have to be anti homophobia and discrimination!
For ALL students with lockers:
- ALL locker keys must be returned to the Student Hub by Friday 5th July for a £10 cash refund. Locker keys cannot be kept and used for the next academic year.
- You must clear your locker as they are emptied and cleaned over the holidays. No responsibility will be taken for any items left behind.
- Lockers for 2013-14 will be issued during September.
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- Contraception including the Pill, Patch, Injection, Emergency Contraception, Pregnancy testing, Chlamydia Screening and Condoms
- Also advice on Coil and Implant and any other issues
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504 – 505 in the Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
- What's related: