College Notices: w/c 18th March 2013
by Kim Small.
Health and Wellbeing Fair
- Thursday 21st March
- 12-2pm – Refectory
- Exciting events in the Ref to help you get, and keep, healthy and well……Try out…...
- Indian head Massage – relax and feel calm
- Drumming for health – self expression through improvised sounds
- Chlamydia Screening – pee in a pot for pants!
- Mental health - check out some myths and find out how to support friends
- Local GP surgeries – find out what confidential services are available to you
- Drug misuse – advice on keeping safe and where to go for help
- Plus – information on common health conditions, eczema, asthma etc.
- Mid-year reviews are set for Tuesday 26th March and Thursday 18th April.
- The Parents’ Evening On-line Booking system is now open.
- Your parent or guardian must firstly log in to Insight, here they will find a link to the Parents‘ Evening booking system.
Volunteers to help out with Summer Scheme at Fitzroy
- The Scheme will run for three weeks, from 5th - 22nd August (Mon to Thurs) at the ‘On Track’ Day & Community Service in Petersfield. You will help provide a range of activities and outings for young people aged 18–25 who have learning disabilities.
- This is a great opportunity and places are limited. If you’re interested in helping please contact
- Helen Freeston, Volunteer Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org or pop in to the Student Hub, Tuesday’s 10.30am – 2pm.
Extended Project – For First years
- If you have any queries regarding the EPQ (Extended Project Qualification), please direct them to Alison Macmillan
PLD Core – For First Years
- w/c 18th and 25th March
- Revision plan or coursework completion plan
- University/Career research continued
- Gay- Straight Alliance
- Every Friday - Room 67 - 12.40 – 1.30
- Find support
- Be Support
- Be Yourself
- You don’t have to be gay to come along – you DO have to be anti homophobia and discrimination!
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- Contraception including the Pill, Patch, Injection, Emergency Contraception, Pregnancy testing, Chlamydia Screening and Condoms
- Also advice on Coil and Implant and any other issues
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504 – 505 in the Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
- What's related: