College Notices: w/c 18th May 2015
by Kim Small.
For ALL Students
College emails – Reminder
- Make sure you read your College emails regularly
- Many students are missing important meetings / information
- Lots of opportunities for volunteering in Sports Clubs in various locations. Including Football, Tennis, Volleyball, Runners Club, Basketball, Canoeing and many others
- Please contact Tina Penaluna
- Tina will be back in College on the 9th June or you can email her via email@example.com
The National Sports Roadshow
- Tuesday 23rd June 2015
- Want to work in Sport? Not Sure where to start?
- Then you need The National Sports Roadshow
- The Sports Zone: experience and participate in taster sessions in a diverse range of sport and leisure activities and receive coaching from professional sports coaches
- The Fitness Zone: is an interactive area where you can participate and/or observe the latest fitness crazes. Bring your trainers and join in with practical sessions!
- If you are interested please contact Chris Revell in the Gym or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For 1st year students on a 2 year course
Moving from Year 1 to Year 2 – The Next Steps
- Please collect a hand-out from your tutor
- This includes information on:
- Starting your Year 2 studies
- What to do between now and the end of term
- Exam Results
- Start of next academic year
- Further detailed information available in Moodle / Student Resources / Information and Policies
- Information is also available on the Parents’ pages of the College website
From 8th June onwards
- During this period you will start essential 2nd year work in your subjects
- You should attend ALL lessons, even if you have indicated that you are likely to drop a subject – if you do not attend these lessons you will not be able to continue this subject in September under any circumstances
- If you are certain that you wish to drop a subject during this period you will need to collect a request form from the Hub w/c 8th June – further details at the Welcome to Year 2 meetings. At the current time you should focus on your exams
Welcome to Year 2 Meetings
- ALL students on the first year of a two year programme MUST ATTEND a ‘Welcome to year 2’ meeting on Monday 8th June in the Martin Read Hall as follows:
- PLD groups ending in:
- ‘A’ groups @ 10.10am
- ‘F’ groups @ 10.35am
- ‘N’ groups @ 11.00am
- The above meetings are in place of normal timetabled lessons between 10.25am-11.25am – all other lessons run as per your timetable
- An alternative session will be held on Tuesday 9th June at 1pm for those who are in Exams on Monday morning. Students who are unable to attend on either day must advise the Student Hub
- Information regarding Bursaries for the next academic year (Sep15-Jul16) will be available after Half Term
University of Reading – Architecture Summer Masterclass
- 22nd July 2015
- FREE Summer Masterclass
- Opportunity to develop the skills needed to be a successful student of Architecture
- Includes: workshop on introduction to architectural drawing skills; opportunity to meet staff; view the campus and buildings and more. Will also help to develop material for a portfolio for application to the course.
- Suitable for students studying a range of subjects in Year 12 but with a real passion for pursuing Architecture at degree level
- For further details click here /For an application form click here
Medical Sciences Careers Fair
- Thursday 24th September
- Kensington Town Hall London
- For careers in: Dental Hygiene; Dietetics; Midwifery; Nursing; Paramedicine; Pharmacy; Physiotherapy; Psychology; Radiography; Speech Therapy and more
- Book online for you FREE place www.medlink-uk.net/medsciences
For 2nd year students
- You should all have received the information sheet from your tutors Alton College Leavers 2015 – what do I need to do?
- If you haven’t, please collect a copy from your tutor today or come to the Student Hub
- Detailed information is available on Moodle under Student Support / Information and Policies and on the Parents’ pages of the College website.
- Don’t forget to hand your locker key in at the Student Hub when you finish your last exam in order to collect your £10 cash refund
- ALL locker keys must be returned by the 6th July
Jobs/Apprenticeships/School Leaver Programmes
- Check that you are enrolled on the Jobs and Apprenticeships Forum on Moodle under Student Resources
- We are receiving information regarding jobs, apprenticeships and school leaver programmes on a regular basis at present.
- Last day of teaching – Friday 22nd May
- Good luck with your exams and enjoy the summer!
- What's related: