College Notices: w/c 18th November 2013
by Kim Small.
For All Students
- Please remember to never leave any valuables unattended around College
- The College has lockers for students to hire each academic year
- Please pay and reserve through the online store and collect the key from the Hub
Information on Insight
- Please check your INSIGHT details are correct
- - Personal details changed? come to the Hub to complete a change form
- - Qualifications on entry (under the EXAMS tab) incorrect or missing? bring your certificates to the Hub
- These details are extremely important to allow us to communicate with you and to set your target grades.
- Student Survey this term.
- Available through Moodle, this survey is to help the College understand who its students are as part of its commitment to Equality and Diversity.
- Please encourage all students to complete it.
Learner Agreements (this will be included in notices for first years 21st Nov & second years 26th Nov)
- Learner Agreements – these are essential documents that you are required to complete to confirm your course of study…
they will include….
- Courses on which you are enrolled
- Work Experience if part of your course (includes travel time)
- Directed Study (time allocated for learning outside of the classroom that is not homework, but will be assessed in some form) 1 hr per week for AS/BTEC yr1, 3 hours per week for A2/BTEC yr2
- Exhibition and Performance – for BTEC students that don’t do work experience but present learning through performance or exhibition
- Enrichment courses
Student and Tutor must check and sign the form – amendments can be made and initialled
Forms to be returned to the Hub
Charity Bake Sale
- Hope for Jayden
- Charity Bake Sale
- Room 401 @ 12.30pm
- 28 Nov 2013
Alton College Theatre Company presents ‘Canvas’ , a comedy by Michael Wynne
- Tue 17 / Wed 18 & Thu 19 DEC @ 7.30pm Berkoff Theatre
- This brilliant comedy addresses the precarious delights of ‘camping’ for people in 2013...who maybe prefer their creature comforts to what mother nature has to offer!.....Happy ‘glamping’!
- To book click: http://www.thelittleboxoffice.co/BPAC/event/view/6561 Bookable through the 'COMMUNITY' link on the College website.
- Give yourself a real treat this Christmas...this wonderful comedy is a delight for all - book now!
- Forward this link to all your network of friends, family etc....
- Lessons finish at 12.40pm for first years/100 groups
- It is VITAL that ALL Second year students go to their PLD base at 12.30pm to see their tutor before leaving
- Buses depart at 1.05pm
Non Teaching Day
- Friday 29th Nov
- Your teachers will be giving you work to do so that you can study at home.
Parent Consultation Evenings
- On the non-teaching day on November 29th staff may proactively contact parents where there are specific concerns.
- The booking system will be open to all parents from 30th November. Appointments may be booked for 5th or 10th December.
- If you have any problems booking a time please contact the relevant subject teacher.
- Please remember to only book with one teacher where a single subject is taught by two teachers.
- Gay- Straight Alliance
- Every Friday - Room 67 - 12.40 – 1.30
- Find support
- Be Support
- Be Yourself
- You don’t have to be gay to come along – you DO have to be anti homophobia and discrimination!
For First Years:
- Are you interested in science, technology, engineering, maths (STEM) or related subjects?
- Do you want to find out more re: subjects, disciplines, careers?
- Do you want to gain experience of university life & the working world?
- Headstart is a fantastic opportunity giving you the chance to explore or reaffirm your options ahead of UCAS applications and ask questions you might not have had a chance to do. Make some really good friends along the way. Oh, and they look good on your CV or personal statement too.
- The courses are residential, at a university, over 4 or 5 days. There is a fee (usually £330) to cover accommodation, meals and activities, but you may be able to get help with this.
- For more information see www.headstartcourses.org.uk. Deadline for applications is 20th December if you want top priority
For Second Years:
HE Finance Evening for Parents
- Thursday 21st November
- @ 7pm in the Martin Read Hall
- If you are applying to university please remind your parents to book seats to attend the HE Finance Evening for information on Student Finance
- Places are to booked via the online store and are free of charge
College UCAS FINAL Deadline!
- Monday 25th Nov
- UCAS clinics hours:
- Monday 18th 12.30pm-4.30pm
- Wednesday 20th 12.30pm – 3.30pm
- Friday 22nd Nov 9am – 2pm
- Monday 25th Nov 12.30pm-4.30pm
- Don’t miss the College deadline! We cannot guarantee that any applications submitted after the deadline will meet the UCAS deadline!
- What's related: