College Notices: w/c 20th May 2013
by Kim Small.
FOR ALL STUDENTS:
LifeForce Music Fest
- Tuesday 21st May
- 11am – 2pm
- Martin Read Hall
- FREE ALL-DAY MUSIC FESTIVAL
- DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF MARTIN READ
- Featuring the cream of student bands from Alton College including Taking The State, Arctice and Inside Indigo.
- There will also be cakes, chess and live DJs.
For All students with Lockers
- ALL locker keys must be returned to the Student Hub between Monday 20th May and Friday 5th July for a £10 cash refund. Locker keys cannot be kept and used for the next academic year.
- You must clear your locker as they are emptied and cleaned over the holidays. No responsibility will be taken for any items left behind.
- Lockers for 2013-14 will be issued during September.
Budding Street Artists:
- New date has been set for the Alton Town Majors Street Art Mural at Anstey Park on Sunday 2nd June.
- If you’re interested in Street Art then this is a great opportunity to make your mark. The project is to rejuvenate the tennis courts on Anstey Park as a youth recreation and street sports area.
- Contact: Helen Freeston, Volunteer Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
- or pop in to the Student Hub, Tuesday’s 10.30am–2pm
Summer Work at College
- Work available in several areas of the College to prepare for the new academic year.
- Varying weeks and hours between July-Sept
- Posts would suit both current and former students or other individuals with an understanding of the College.
- Rate of pay: £5.80 per hour
- Apply by writing a letter addressed to Vanessa Chapman, Head of Human Resources, in no more than 150 words why you are interested and would be suitable for this work, also stating your availability during July-Sept.
- Email your letter to: email@example.com
- Closing date: 31st May 2013
FOR FIRST YEAR STUDENTS:
Welcome to Year 2 meetings
- ALL students on the first year of a two year programme MUST ATTEND a ‘Welcome to Year 2’ meeting on:
- Wednesday 5th June
- in the Martin Read Hall at the following times:
- PLD groups ending in:
- ‘A’ groups @ 10.10am
- ‘F’ groups @ 10.35am
- ‘N’ groups @ 11.00am
- The above meetings are in place of normal timetabled lessons between 10.25-11.25am – all other lessons run as per timetable.
- Please click on link for further information: http://moodle.altoncollege.ac.uk/mod/resource/view.php?id=72914
June 5th to July 10th
- During this period you will start essential 2nd year work in your subjects.
- You should attend ALL lessons, even if you have indicated that you are likely to drop a subject – if you do not attend these lessons you will not be able to continue this subject in September under any circumstances
- If you are certain that you wish to drop a subject during this period you will be given information on how to request this at the meetings on June 5th. At the current time you should focus on your exams.
- w/c 20th May
- Personal Statements continued
- Update personal CV if needed
- All PLD Core lessons and catch up sessions have moved from room 313 to room 403 up to 24th May
- w/c 3rd & 10th June
- Student Finance and Budgeting etc
University of Portsmouth :
- Forthcoming Open Days:
- Wednesday 10 July
- Saturday 13 July
- Saturday 5 October
- Saturday 19 October
- Saturday 2 November
- To book a place to visit and find out more about what Portsmouth offer, please complete the form at http://www.port.ac.uk/visit-us/
University of London Information Days
- 10th & 11th September 2013
- Opportunity to speak to representatives from 16 University of London Colleges and study-related service providers all in one place
- Free, 30 minute talks on UCAS, Living in London, Information for Parents etc
- www.gradsintocareers.co.uk/informationdays for more information
FOR SECOND YEAR STUDENTS:
Leavers- Important Information!
- Everything you need to know about:
- Leaving College
- Reference requests
- Advice & Guidance after your results
- Higher Education
- Alton College Alumni
- Please click on link: http://moodle.altoncollege.ac.uk/mod/resource/view.php?id=73025
Leavers – Important Information!
- Leavers forms are not required, however…..
- It is vital that you check your contact details on Insight under the Personal Details tab (please do this now!). Important information will be sent to you after you have left College
- In order to make changes you must complete a ‘Change of Address & Contacts Form’ by Friday 24th May - forms available from the Student Hub
Celebration & Award Evening
- CLASS OF 2013
- Wednesday 11th September 2013
- 7.30pm – 9.00pm
- You are invited back to College to celebrate your success, share your plans for the future and say goodbye to old classmates.
- The Celebration & Awards Evening recognises the tremendous achievements of our students during their time at College and special Awards are presented to former students who have been nominated by their peers and teachers for outstanding achievements.
- The event is free, so reserve a place for you and up to 2 family members through the Online Store
- Link: http://store.altoncollege.ac.uk/browse/product.asp?catid=193&modid=1&compid=1
- Guest speaker: To be announced.
- Light refreshments will be served.
- Last day of teaching
- Friday 24th May
- Good luck with your exams and enjoy the summer!
- Please ensure you read the Important Leavers information on Moodle
- What's related: