College Notices w/c: 21st January 2013
by Kim small.
- Exams are currently in progress – please be considerate of your fellow students by observing notices and keeping quiet where exams are taking place.
- Please note – this is the LAST EVER January Exam session. In the future you will only be able to take exams or retakes in the summer.
- Work has now started on the new Engineering building. It is expected to open in the Autumn ready for Engineering, DT and Electronics students.
- Please be careful when walking near to the building site.
Volunteering in Bordon
- Groundwork run a youth group and require an out-going confident person to assist with youth club sessions on a Wednesday evening. Responsibilities will be; to present yourself as a responsible role model, to assist with the running of scheduled activities.
- For more information generally please contact Helen Freeston, Volunteer Coordinator – email@example.com or pop in to the Student Hub, Tuesday 10.30am – 2pm.
Lions Club Awards 2013
- Please can we have all completed Lions Club Award Forms in by the 29th Jan. Drop them into the Student Hub.
- If you need any more information about the awards or volunteering generally please contact Helen Freeston, Volunteer Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org or pop in to the Student Hub, Tuesday 10.30am – 2pm.
Work Experience Briefing (First Years)
- Work Experience Briefing for ALL Level 2 students plus Level 3 Health & Social Care students
- Date: Thursday 24th Jan
- Time: 1pm start
- Place: Martin Read Hall
HE Information Evening for Parents (First Year parents)
- Thursday 7th Feb @ 7pm – Sports Hall
- Parents to book via the online store, max 2 seats per family – FREE event
- Presentations will include:
- Choosing a course and university
- Student Finance
- Advice and Guidance at Alton
PLD Core (First Years)
- PLD sessions will be focussing on volunteering...
- what are the benefits
- how to find placements
- how to record and get recognised
Sutton Trust Summer Schools (First Years)
- Find out what university life is really like with a free week-long introduction at a Sutton Trust Summer School
- Open to all Y12 students
- Priority given to students who: * are first generation to attend uni * have achieved at least 5 A/A* at GCSE
- Really excellent opportunity - Huge range of subjects
- Find out more and apply online at http://www.suttontrust.com/summer-schools/uk-summer-schools/
- Applications close on 11th March 2012
Considering a Late UCAS Application? (Second Years)
- There is still time to apply
- If you didn't send your application to UCAS by 15 January, don't worry! You can still apply until 30 June in the usual way.
- Many universities and colleges are happy to receive your application later, and will consider you for their courses if they still have vacancies. Please check with individual universities and colleges if you're not sure.
- Please follow the instructions on the UCAS Apply Checklist – Moodle / Student Resources / HE
- Gay- Straight Alliance
- Every Friday - Room 67 - 12.40 – 1.30
- Find support
- Be Support
- Be Yourself
- You don’t have to be gay to come along – you DO have to be anti homophobia and discrimination!
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- Contraception including the Pill, Patch, Injection, Emergency Contraception, Pregnancy testing, Chlamydia Screening and Condoms
- Also advice on Coil and Implant and any other issues
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504 – 505 in the Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
- What's related: