College Notices: w/c 22nd April 2013
by Kim Small.
For All students:
Alton College Sports Clubs:
- Monday – Bootcamp
- Tuesday – Ultimate Frisbee / Badminton
- Thursday – Rounders
- Friday – ‘Free Play’ in Sports Hall
- All clubs start at 12.45pm and participants must be wearing suitable clothing and footwear.
Exam Stress getting you down?
- Panic? Freeze? Can't remember even though you have been revising?
- Come to the Exam Stress Busting workshops:
- Learn and practice simple techniques to help you to remain calm and so do your best
- Tue 30th April 12.40- 1.30pm room 32
- Thu 9th May 12.40- 1.30pm room 32
- Run by Lizzy Le Fort and Jan Symes
- Gay- Straight Alliance
- Every Friday - Room 67 - 12.40 – 1.30
- Find support
- Be Support
- Be Yourself
- You don’t have to be gay to come along – you DO have to be anti homophobia and discrimination!
Drama & Theatre Studies
- Exciting and varied programme of AS Shows…
- Thursday 9th & Friday 10th May
- Please Note: entry to each show is by ticket only!
- Tickets available – FREE OF CHARGE – from the on-line store
- Web Link:
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- Contraception including the Pill, Patch, Injection, Emergency Contraception, Pregnancy testing, Chlamydia Screening and Condoms
- Also advice on Coil and Implant and any other issues
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504 – 505 in the Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
For First Year Students:
Moving from Year 1 to Year 2
- You should by now have selected your Year 2 choices on Insight.
- For students wishing to continue with 4 subjects to A level or pick up a new AS level – you will need to speak to a Senior Tutor at a designated session – please watch out for the Moodle announcement advising further details.
UCAS Parents Guides
- Please collect a UCAS Parent Guide from your tutor today (Thursday 25th Apr)
- There are enough copies for one per student. Even if you aren’t sure whether you will be going to university please take a copy home for your parents.
- A leaflet is also enclosed providing 25% discount on Higher Education books.
Undergraduate Study in the US
- Learn about the admissions process from experts in the field!
- Step-by-step guide to the application process, admissions exams, choosing the right institution, and funding opportunities.
- Date: 14 May 2013
- Time: 4:30 - 7:00 pm
- Cost: £10/person
- Venue: University of Notre Dame London Centre, 1 Suffolk Street, London, SW1Y 4HG
- Booking via: http://ugsem14may.eventbrite.co.uk/#
- w/c 22nd April
- Student Finance – Barclays Moneyskills
- w/c 29th April & 6th May
- Personal Statements – All students
- Important, guidance – Introduction Session
- What's related: