College Notices: w/c 25th November 2013
by Kim Small.
For All Students
Open Evening – TONIGHT!
- Lessons finish at 12.40pm for first years
- It is VITAL that ALL second year students go to their PLD base at 12.30pm to see their tutor before leaving
- Buses depart at 1.05pm
- Learner Agreements – these are essential documents that you are required to complete to confirm your course of study…
they will include….
- Courses on which you are enrolled
- Work Experience if part of your course (includes travel time)
- Directed Study (time allocated for learning outside of the classroom that is not homework, but will be assessed in some form) 1 hr per week for AS/BTEC yr1, 3 hours per week for A2/BTEC yr2
- Exhibition and Performance – for BTEC students that don’t do work experience but present learning through performance or exhibition
- Enrichment courses
- Student and Tutor must check and sign the form – amendments can be made and initialled
- Forms to be returned to the Hub
Hope for Jayden
- Thursday 28th Nov
- Room 401 from 12.30pm
- Charity Bake Sale
Charity Penalty Shootout and Cake/Sweet Sale
- Monday 2nd December
- Sports Hall
- If you have any queries contact: email@example.com
- All the proceeds will go towards Whizz Kidz Charity
- Prizes to be won!
- Cakes and sweets on sale
- 5 penalty shots for £1
County Cross-Country Championships
- Saturday 18th January 2014
- at Fleming Park, Eastleigh
- representing Aldershot & District
- Selection occurs here for the Inter Counties event and then on to English Schools
- If you would like to compete, please email Rupert (up in the Gym) on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday 29th Nov
- Your teachers will be giving you work to do so that you can study at home.
Parents Consultation Evenings
- On the non-teaching day on November 29th staff may proactively contact parents where there are specific concerns.
- The booking system will be open to all parents from 30th November. Appointments may be booked for 5th or 10th December.
- If you have any problems booking a time please contact the relevant subject teacher.
- Please remember to only book with one teacher where a single subject is taught by two teachers.
Alton College Theatre Company presents ‘Canvas’ , a comedy by Michael Wynne
- Tue 17 / Wed 18 & Thu 19 DEC @ 7.30pm Berkoff Theatre
- This brilliant comedy addresses the precarious delights of ‘camping’ for people in 2013...who maybe prefer their creature comforts to what mother nature has to offer!.....Happy ‘glamping’!
- To book click: http://www.thelittleboxoffice.co/BPAC/event/view/6561 Bookable through the 'COMMUNITY' link on the College website.
- Give yourself a real treat this Christmas...this wonderful comedy is a delight for all - book now!
- Forward this link to all your network of friends, family etc....
- Student Survey this term.
- Available through Moodle, this survey is to help the College understand who its students are as part of its commitment to Equality and Diversity.
- Please encourage all students to complete it.
For First Years:
Exam Access Arangements
- For those who have not yet made an appointment
- If you qualified for access arrangements such as extra time for your GCSE exams, you will need an update assessment at college in order for these arrangements to continue.
- Please call in to room 61 or room 62 in the Foulkes Building to book an assessment with Lizzy or Judy. The best time to call in is during one of your free periods.
- Are you interested in science, technology, engineering, maths (STEM) or related subjects?
- Do you want to find out more re: subjects, disciplines, careers?
- Do you want to gain experience of university life & the working world?
- Headstart is a fantastic opportunity giving you the chance to explore or reaffirm your options ahead of UCAS applications and ask questions you might not have had a chance to do. Make some really good friends along the way. Oh, and they look good on your CV or personal statement too.
- The courses are residential, at a university, over 4 or 5 days. There is a fee (usually £330) to cover accommodation, meals and activities, but you may be able to get help with this.
- For more information see www.headstartcourses.org.uk. Deadline for applications is 20th December if you want top priority
For Second Years:
Exams – Resitting units
- As you know re-sit opportunities are only available for June 2014
- If you want to resit an exam that you took here last year you need to:
- Go to online store
- Select subject
- Input unit and personal details
- Make payment
- Recommended DEADLINE: 20th December 2013
HE Finance Evening for Parents
- If parents were unable to attend the above event held on Thursday 21st Nov – the presentation is available on the Parents section of the Alton College website
- Link: http://www.altoncollege.ac.uk/node/3148
UCAS – missed the deadline?
- We will be holding a ‘FINAL’ UCAS clinic on Wednesday 27th Nov for anyone who missed yesterdays deadline in the LRC - from 12.30pm to 3.30pm
- Applications submitted on the 27th Nov will be sent by the UCAS deadline of the 15th January
- Completing an application online does not finalise your application - you MUST attend a UCAS clinic with a completed UCAS Checklist, signed off by your tutor
- Please sign up at the Student Hub
- What's related: