College Notices: w/c 28th January 2013
by Kim small.
- Summer Term Bus payment instalments are now available on the Alton College online store
Road Safety Awareness Week
- Next week: week commencing 4th Feb
- Mon 4th Feb: Road Safety Simulator
- 11am-2pm – Refectory
- Thu 7th Feb: Impaired Goggles & Drug Box
- 11am-2pm - Refectory
- Fri 8th Feb: Moped Safety – React or Distract
- 11am-2pm - Refectory
Battle of the Bands
- Come along and support the………
- Alton College Heat for Battle of the Bands
- TODAY! 29th Jan – 12.45-2pm – Martin Read Hall
Alton College Foundation Development Fund
- The Foundation offers grants of up to £500 to full-time students aged 16-19 studying at Alton College.
- Funds provided for specific activities such as additional tuition, field trips or items of equipment/materials associated with studies.
- Applications can be made either on an individual basis or for a group of students and should be made in writing explaining what the grant is for and why the request should be considered.
- Applicants must have completed a full term at College.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Additional info: www.altoncollegefoundation.org.uk
Lions Club Awards 2013
- Completed Lions Club Award Forms should be handed in by TODAY – 29th Jan . Drop them into the Student Hub.
- If you need any more information about the awards or volunteering generally please contact Helen Freeston, Volunteer Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org or pop in to the Student Hub, Tuesday 10.30am – 2pm.
PLD Core (for first years)
- PLD sessions will be focussing on volunteering...
- what are the benefits
- how to find placements
- how to record and get recognised
UCAS Card (for first years)
- Get great information so you can make the right decisions. Registering will give you:
- a monthly email, full of relevant information
- tailored information from education providers about subjects and courses that interest you
- a discount card to use on and offline.
- Apply online: http://www.ucas.com/ucascard/
Interested in applying to Oxford or Cambridge? (for first years)
- Meeting on FRIDAY 8th FEBRUARY
- Venue: Martin Read Hall
- Time 9.00 - 10.15am
- Find out about the applications process, what Oxbridge are looking for in a student as well as what you can expect from life at Oxford or Cambridge.
Considering applying to Uni in the US?
- Want to find out more………..
- Read through the detailed information in the undergraduate study in the US section of the Fulbright website
- Info on - Why Study in the USA and the degrees on offer
- See: http://www.fulbright.org.uk/study-in-the-usa/undergraduate-study/getting-started
Student Finance for Uni (for second years)
- If you have applied to start a Higher Education course in 2013 you will shortly be required to complete your Student Finance application online via the website www.gov.uk
- It is anticipated that applications for 2013 entry will open sometime during February.
- We will be running workshops for students who would like help completing their application
- If you have applied for deferred entry to start in 2014 you do you not need to complete a Student Finance application this year.
- Further information to follow .
Replying to Uni Offers (for second years)
- If you are at the stage of replying to your university offers, please remember to give this careful thought.
- Once you accept an offer, including an insurance offer, you are committed to that course
- Your firm acceptance is your first choice – if your firm choice is a conditional offer you should accept another offer as an insurance choice
- We strongly advise that you select an insurance offer that is safe and within your current working at grades.
- Your insurance must ask for lower grades than your firm.
How and when to reply to offers:
- Use Track to reply to your offers (www.UCAS.com – Track Progress)
- Your reply date will be displayed in Track and is based on when the last decision is received from your choices so it may be different to other people.
Last Decision by:
Your reply date
Gay- Straight Alliance
- Every Friday - Room 67 - 12.40 – 1.30
- Find support
- Be Support
- Be Yourself
- You don’t have to be gay to come along – you DO have to be anti homophobia and discrimination!
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- Contraception including the Pill, Patch, Injection, Emergency Contraception, Pregnancy testing, Chlamydia Screening and Condoms
- Also advice on Coil and Implant and any other issues
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- What's related: