College Notices: w/c 30th September 2013
by Kim Small.
For All Students:
Messages from the Principal
Zero Tolerance Policy
• It is with regret that I inform you that a student has been expelled from College having been found on site with drugs in their possession.
• If you require support in this area please talk to us.
We have had a number of complaints from neighbours about litter outside of the College. Neighbours have also complained about students sitting on steps and / or leaning on fences outside their houses.
• It is important that we keep positive relationships with our neighbours and that students are good ambassadors for the College.
• Do not litter on or off campus. Use the bins provided.
• Please respect our College and our neighbours' property.
Jane Machell - Principal
College Open Evening
- Thursday 3rd October
- Teaching finishes at 12.25pm for second years and first years must go to PLD with their Tutor at 12.30pm
- Buses have been rearranged and the last service for all buses departing College on the 3rd Oct will be at 1.05pm
Jeans for Genes Day
- Staff and students raised an impressive £430 on Jeans for Genes day.
- This money has been sent off to support children with genetic diseases.
- Thanks to everyone for their generosity and support and particularly to those that gave up their time to collect money on the day.
- If you would like to have instrumental or singing lessons at college, please email Pande Shahov firstname.lastname@example.org and he will be able to email you the relevant information.
- The link to the online sign up form: http://www.altoncollege.ac.uk/sixth-form/music-lessons-booking-form
Terrorism Information Event
- Hampshire Constabulary are holding an information event on Terrorism and how it affects us all and what can be done to prevent it.
- On 22nd October @ 19:30
- Hook Community Centre, Ravenscroft, Hook. RG27 9NN
- Event aimed at students aged 16+
- Parents/Guardians welcome
- What is Terrorism?
- What exactly is a Terrorist?
- How can I make a difference?
- Further info from: email@example.com
- Every Mon, Tue and Wed
- 1.00 to 2.00pm – in Room 121
- Come along and get help with any of your Maths queries - whatever course you are doing, from FSMQ Money Management to A2 Further Maths
- All AS Maths students with a B grade at GCSE have this timetabled once per week - make sure you attend on either Mon, Tue or Wed every week.
- Similarly, all AS Use of Maths students with a C grade at GCSE; all A2 Maths/UoM students with an E grade at AS or a U grade in Core 1/Core 2/Algebra; and all students without a D grade doing GCSE Maths must attend Maths Workshop every week.
- Gay- Straight Alliance
- Every Friday - Room 67 - 12.40 – 1.30
- Find support
- Be Support
- Be Yourself
- You don’t have to be gay to come along – you DO have to be anti homophobia and discrimination!
Student Finance Tour
- ‘Think you can’t afford University, think again!’
- Presentation by the Student Finance Tour
- Thursday 10th October @ 1pm
- Martin Read Hall
- Presentation aimed at first year students but anyone welcome to attend
Free NHS Stop Smoking Support (for students, parents and staff)
- The NHS Quit4Life Stop Smoking Service offers a free drop-in clinic with up to eight weeks Nicotine Replacement Therapy and regular weekly support. No appointment necessary.
- The clinic runs at:
- Alton Cardiac Rehab Centre, Chawton Park Road, Alton, GU34 1RQ
- Every Wednesday evening from 6.30pm to 7.30pm
- Support is also available at Boots The Pharmacy – 52 High St, Alton, GU34 1ET
- Enter your postcode at http://www.quit4life.nhs.uk to find your most convenient clinic!
- If you can’t make a clinic, telephone support is also available offering access to medication and full support.
- Text: QUIT to 60123 / Call: 0845 602 4663
For First Years:
More Able and Talented
- On Friday 4th October we will be launching our ‘More Able and Talented’ programme for the coming academic year.
- @ 1pm – Martin Read Hall
- Students who performed very strongly in their GCSE’s will already have had an email invitation.
- Anyone else is welcome to attend but will need to book a place by signing up at the Hub.
For Second Years:
- If you are applying to university and haven’t yet visited a UCAS clinic, come along and get a section signed off
- This will speed things up when you are ready to submit your completed application and we can help with any questions
- Sign up at the Student Hub.
UCAS clinics are held in the LRC on:
- Mon & Wed: 12.30pm-3.30pm
- Fridays: 9am-12pm
- Friday 25th Oct: Advisory College deadline
- Monday 25th Nov: FINAL College deadline
- What's related: