College Notices: w/c 3rd June 2013
by Kim Small.
Notices for First Year students – to be shown on Thursday 6th June
Welcome to Year 2
- If you missed the ‘Welcome’ meeting yesterday morning, please go to the Martin Read Hall after these notices have been presented.
- Meeting 12.45pm – 1.15pm
Student Mentors / Ambassadors
- Opportunity for students to take on a position of responsibility as Student Mentors, Ambassadors or Career Mentors
- Training (after exams)
- Excellent volunteering – Certification through Lions Award.
- Develop skills & qualities valuable for application to Uni or work.
- Free T-shirts!
Activities may include involvement with:
- Progression Fair 4th July / New Student Welcome Event 5th July/ Student Taster Day 11th July/ Induction Day 6th September / Helping first years in their PLD groups during the Autumn term / Helping a student with their CV / Talking to local schools about College / Signposting first years to College support
- Please speak to your tutor as soon as possible if interested.
- Thursday 4th July – 11.25am to 3.00pm
- Timetabled lessons will be replaced by a programme for all including:
- Uni Presentations on Personal Statements, visits to the Fair, sessions on Finance & UCAS applications.
- There will be over 75 exhibitors * Uni’s * Gap Year organisations * Employers * Apprenticeships * Volunteering *
- If you are 100% certain you don’t want to go to Uni we need to know as an alternative work based programme will be taking place – Tutor please email names to Kim Small by 21st June
- DO NOT tamper with any car / motorcycle if it doesn’t belong to you
- A student was injured when someone altered a setting on a motorbike
- Tampering with vehicles is a serious offence
- Thank you
Loads of Volunteering Opportunities
- I’m Helen Freeston, Volunteer Coordinator at the college and I’m here to help you find the right volunteer opportunity.
- We have a huge variety of volunteering opportunities, times can fit in and around your studying or in the holidays – volunteering is great for experience, improves CV’s, make new friends and is rewarding and fun.
- Please come along to the Student Hub on a Tuesday 10.30am to 2pm or email me firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For All students with Lockers
- ALL locker keys must be returned to the Student Hub by Friday 5th July for a £10 cash refund. Locker keys cannot be kept and used for the next academic year.
- You must clear your locker as they are emptied and cleaned over the holidays. No responsibility will be taken for any items left behind.
- Lockers for 2013-14 will be issued during September.
- Gay- Straight Alliance
- Every Friday - Room 67 - 12.40 – 1.30
- Find support
- Be Support
- Be Yourself
- You don’t have to be gay to come along – you DO have to be anti homophobia and discrimination!
- w/c 3rd & 10th June
- Personal Statements
- 17th & 24th June
- UCAS registration (tbc)
- Prepare for Progression Fair
- Insight Action Plan
- Please note that all PLD Core lessons and catch up sessions normally in room 313 have moved to room 322 until the end of term due to Exams.
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- Contraception including the Pill, Patch, Injection, Emergency Contraception, Pregnancy testing, Chlamydia Screening and Condoms
- Also advice on Coil and Implant and any other issues
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504 – 505 in the Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
- What's related: