College Notices: w/c 3rd March 2014
by Kim Small.
For All Students
Summer Term Bus Passes
- Order your Summer Term bus pass through the online store by the 31st March
- Your pass will then be available for collection from Reception after the Easter Break
- We cannot guarantee that passes ordered after this deadline (31st March) will be available for collection on the first day of term
- link: http://store.altoncollege.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=1&deptid=167&catid=1&prodvarid=17
- As you know, your ID card also holds your ‘Student Credit’ which is used to pay for a number of services that you might use whilst you study at Alton College such as:-
- Paper, card, pens, memory sticks – from the LRC
- Library fines
- all without having to carry cash around in your pocket
- The best way to add money to your card is through the online store – link: http://store.altoncollege.ac.uk/browse/product.asp?compid=1&modid=1&catid=157 choosing amounts of £5, £10 or £20 (please allow 3 days for the credit to appear on your ID card)
- Or use the money loader downstairs in the LRC
- You can now view your personal exams timetable on your Insight Page
- Please check that all of the exams you are expecting to take are listed here. If you see any errors, then please come to the Student Hub urgently so that we can make any corrections
Sport Relief 2014
- Dodgeball tournament for charity
- Friday 21st March 12.40pm-2pm (entries close 14th March)
- £6 per team (6 players in a team)
- Open to all
- Sign up sheet on the Sports Hall notice board or contact Rupert in the gym or email Rupert.email@example.com
- Our new Deli is opening on Monday 10th March at 12.40pm
- Opening Special Offer - Spend over £3 get £1 off
- Look out for further info...
- Now is your chance to let us know what you think of assessment week, food outlets, buses and finance.
- Click the link to the student survey on the left hand side of your Moodle homepage...
- ...time is ticking, don’t miss your chance...
- Gay- Straight Alliance
- Every Friday - Room 67 - 12.40 – 1.30
- Find support
- Be Support
- Be Yourself
- You don’t have to be gay to come along – you DO have to be anti homophobia and discrimination!
No Smoking Day
- Wed 12th March
- Leaflets at the Hub
For First Years
Want to be part of the Students Sports Council?
- Collect an Application form from the Gym or Sports Office
- Closing date – Friday 7th March (extended)
- Aims/Objectives of the council
- Develop sports opportunities for Alton College students
- Increase opportunities for participation in recreational and competitive sport
- Create a positive image of sport and help develop an ethos of sport and health within the student body
- Develop all aspects of the council members’ skills in relationship to sport development i.e. leadership, coaching, marketing, event organisation, officiating
- Role of a Council member:
- Assist college staff in the delivery of sports clubs in the college
- Initiate, develop and run sports clubs and competitions within the college
- Market and promote these opportunities to the student body
- Promote college sport at Open Evenings, Welcome Events, Taster Days & Health Awareness weeks
Are you interested in learning to Dive in the Red Sea?
- We are planning a 7-day trip to Jordan in October Half Term
- You will be able to complete a Padi open water scuba diving course
- We will also be visiting Petra and Wadi Rum
- For further information attend a meeting in room 524 at 12.40pm on Friday 7th March
Surrey UCAS Convention
- Monday 17th & Tuesday 18th March
- Places still available
- Don’t miss out – book your place when you get home tonight!
- Over 100 uni's present to give info, advice and guidance on your future plans. This is a really excellent opportunity to kick start your uni research
- Book via the online store - £4.50 – please pay by card online and not with cash/cheque at the Hub as a questionnaire needs to be completed by parents via the online booking
For Second Years:
Student Finance Workshops
- Still lots of places available on the Student Finance Workshops for university applications
- You need to apply as soon as possible to make sure you have everything sorted before you start university
- Still waiting to hear from your choices – apply now – don’t wait.
- Workshops are there to help with any stage of your application
- making a start
- started but have a question
- Book a slot at a workshop : Every Friday in March
- These workshops are your chance to get help with your application
- Book on Moodle / Student Resources / Higher Education or at the Student Hub
- What's related: