College Notices: w/c 8th September 2014
by Kim Small.
The following notices will be shown during PLD sessions this week:-
For ALL Students:
- Wednesday 10th September 12.45-2pm in the Refectory
- A chance to find out about Volunteering / DofE / Sports Teams / Music / Dance/ Drama opportunities and many more clubs and societies
- Just turn up and take a look
- For students who require lockers you will need to:
- Pay for a locker through the Alton College online store - http://store.altoncollege.ac.uk/
- Print off your online store receipt and bring it to the Enrichment Fair on Wed 10th Sep between 12.45pm-2pm
- Any lockers ordered/keys not collected at the Enrichment Fair can be collected from the Student hub thereafter
- Top up your Student ID with credit.
- Student credit is used to pay for a number of services that you might use whilst you study at Alton College. You deposit funds into your account, and use these to pay for things like printing, sundry items from the LRC (including paper, card, pens and memory sticks) and library fines.
- Top up by either using the machine in the corridor downstairs in the LRC building (cash only, no notes and no change).
- Or by paying by card through the online store (search for ‘Student Credit’)
- Pay for parking permit through the online store
- Collect permit from the Student Hub by bringing:
- Valid driving licence and proof of address
- Printed receipt from online store
- Car registration number
- We will not be able to issue a permit without the above
- PLEASE keep our Campus tidy by placing your rubbish in the many bins provided. DO NOT leave it for someone else to dispose of.
- Smoking – Smoking is only permitted in the 2 designated smoking areas on College site DO NOT smoke around the College entrances.
Alton College Students’ Union would like to celebrate your first week/week back at College with you..
- On the GREEN, Friday 12th…
- …12pm to 2pm
For First Year Students
New Parents’ Welcome Evening 2014
- Thursday 18th September
- A chance for parents to meet Tutors
- 6pm to 7pm in PLD base rooms
- Students are not required to attend
Course FREEZE Period
- During the first two weeks of term we hold a Course Freeze Period in which students MUST attend all lessons for all subjects on their timetable.
- If you are unhappy with a course and wish to change to an alternative subject you will need to complete a Course Change Request Form (available from the Student Hub) – please note this is REQUEST only and will only be possible if a place becomes available on the course you wish to change to
- Students who requested a change of course at enrolment and were placed on a waiting list will be given priority
- Deadlines:Completed Course Change Request forms must be completed and returned to the Hub by:
- First round: 12 noon on Wednesday 17th September
- Final round: 12 noon on Wednesday 24th September
ACTION FOR TODAY:
- Induction Checklist
- Time Management (Alton College Study Plan)
- with your Tutor
For Second Years:
- 19th September: Deadline for all Oxbridge, Medics, Dentists and Vets
- 24th October: advisory College deadline for A-level student applications
- 14th November: advisory College deadline for BTEC Ext Dip student applications
- 24th November: FINAL College deadline for ALL applications
- If you are applying for a university place, please collect a ‘Completing your UCAS Application’ booklet from your Tutor today (Tuesday)
- UCAS clinics commence on Fri 12th Sep and will be held in the LRC daily from 1pm to 3pm
- Sign up for a slot at the Student Hub
- Don’t wait to complete your application before attending a UCAS clinic
- We are expecting to launch a new UCAS Application tab on Insight this week and the following procedures will apply in order to submit your application:
- Register on www.UCAS.com if you haven’t already done so
- Log on to Insight and click on the UCAS Application tab
- Read the Summary page and add your UCAS ID
- Complete the following sections of the online UCAS application: Personal Details / Additional info / Student Finance / Education / Employment – and sign up to attend a UCAS clinic at the Hub- you can complete 1 section at a time and get it checked or several in one go
- Complete Course choices and Personal Statement sections on Insight and obtain approval from your tutor – once approved transfer your choices and statement to your online UCAS application
- Complete the pay/send section of the online application
- Attend a UCAS clinic for final approval (sign up at the Hub)
- Your application and reference will then be sent to UCAS within 15 term days
- What's related: