Colleges Notices: 20th September 2012
by Kim small.
Please find below a summary of notices shown to students this week:
For all Students:
Message from the Principal:
- Since the beginning of term, we have received a number of complaints from our neighbours and local shopkeepers about the behaviour of a minority of our students.
- It is important that your behaviour does not bring the College into disrepute so please respect our neighbours and the local community and do not leave litter.
- Music enrichment lessons start this week
- Private instrumental lessons will start week commencing 24th Sep
- Places still available for instrumental / singing lessons. Please email Pande Shahov firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested
Sports Opportunities - what's on?
- MONDAY 12.45 Men’s Rugby Training - College sports fields with James Youell
- MONDAY 12.45 Women’s football training - College sports field with Dean Gillatt
- MONDAY 12.45 Aerobics - College sports hall with Claire Hawes (starts Mon 24 th September)
- MONDAY 12.45 Women’s netball - College sports hall with Jo Green (moving to Friday’s starting 28 th September)
- TUESDAY 11.25 Level 2 Community Sports Leaders Award with Dean Gillatt (See a senior tutor ASAP to have this added to your timetable)
- WEDNESDAY 12.45-2pm Men’s basketball - College sports hall with Darren Della Maestra
- FRIDAY 11.30-12.40 Women’s basketball - College sports hall with Darren Della Maestra
- Look out for further details regarding men’s and women’s badminton starting on Monday lunchtimes very soon
- The biggest and the best trip that Alton College runs!
- Places going fast! Please pay your deposit of £200 to the Online Store asap !
- Full cost: £870
- Enquiries to Jerry Janes in room 712 or email Jerry - email@example.com
- Writing competitions:
- Childrens competition – ages 7-18yrs - Deadline: 27 th Sept
- Adult competition – aged 17+ - Deadline: 24 th Sept
- Prizes include: £25, £15, £10 book vouchers
- See http://www.altonwordfest.org.uk/competition.html for further details and to download entry form
Guerilla Poetry/Poetry Picnic
- Thu Oct 4th is National Poetry Day and also falls in the middle of Alton WordFest.
- To celebrate there will be guerilla poets in and around Alton High Street in the morning. If you have a free period, come and find us (we'll be wearing camouflage bandanas) and demand your poem.
- At 1pm there is a poetry picnic in the grounds of Jane Austen's House Museum in Chawton . Please bring food and a poem about stars. Admission to the picnic is free but if you want to visit the house, normal charge apply.
The Pint of Pot Fire
- 7.15pm Mon 1st Oct, Swan Hotel, Alton
- The Pint Pot of Fire is an annual storytelling competition. The stories must last as close as possible to 10 minutes.
- Winner gets to take home the Pint Pot of Fire for a year.
- Tickets for admission and optional interval food are available on the door or much more cheaply in advance from www.pintpotoffire.co.uk
Harvard University Information Evening
- 26th September @ 7.30pm
- Yateley School, School Lane, Yateley , GU46 6NW
- Harvard University is keen to attract more students from the UK
- Consistently ranked the best university in the world
- Offers full scholarships plus expenses (generously means tested)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place
- Job opportunities for holiday, after school and breakfast club teams in Fleet, Liphook , Guildford, Ash and Godalming.
- Excellent rates of pay
- Flexible working hours
- No prior training or experience is essential
- Visit www.koosakids.co.uk and apply online
Sexual Health Clinic
- Free & confidential service
- All contraception • Pregnancy testing • Chlamydia Screening
- Every Friday from 12.15pm to 2.00pm
- Rooms 504–505 Student Hub – please use the Austen end entrance (orange door).
For Second Years:
- Room 403
- Mondays : 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Wednesdays: 12.30pm to 3.30pm
- Fridays: 9.00am to 12pm
- Need help with your UCAS application?–attend the UCAS clinic
- Important : Completed UCAS applications must be submitted at a UCAS clinic – follow the instructions on the UCAS checklist on Moodle / Student Resources / HE / Making your Application
- What's related: