Our Learner Agreement
All Learners who come to our College are required to sign our agreement and by doing so, are committing to our rules which are these;
- Take responsibility for your own learning during lessons and engage fully in your chosen programme of study by working hard, having excellent attendance, arriving to lessons on time and notifying us of absences.
- Have a good attitude to your learning by ensuring good organisation of notes, files and assignments. Take responsibility for ‘catching up’ on missed work due to absence, complete and submit assignments and meet
- Behave in a way which ensures the health and safety of all those in College. For this reason skateboards, roller blades, etc should not be used on the College site.
- Respect the needs of others for quiet around the site and maintain a high standard of tidiness around the College. Mobile phones must be switched off in classes or other study areas and all rubbish must be placed in a bin.
- Show consideration and respect for neighbours of the College, especially when driving / parking in streets around College.
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy in the College and follow the Alton College Equal Opportunities and Diversity statement.
- Return books and equipment lent to you by the College promptly.
- Give top priority to your studies in term time ensuring that other activities such as driving lessons do not conflict with your time at College.
- Take holidays only outside term time. Permission must be granted by the Principal for any term-time holiday.
- You must not take any action which could bring the College into disrepute.
- You are not permitted to smoke on the College campus, including use of e-cigarettes, other than the designated areas.
- You must not consume alcohol on the College premises or during the course of the College day. The College has zero tolerance of any involvement in drug-related activities of any sort. If you are found in possession of drugs, for whatever purpose on the College site or are known to have had any involvement with drugs during the College day or on College run activities, or by any other involvement with drugs to have brought the College’s name into disrepute, you will removed from College and the Substance Misuse Policy put into action.
- What's related: