Be heard, be involved, get discounts
The Students' Union (SU for short) acts as our voice, helping to make our College even better. It's run by students, for students.
What's in it for me?
Our SU means you can:
- be more involved - through meetings and activities such as charity events and fundraising, Battle of the Bands, student parties and the leavers' event
- have your say if there's something you'd like to be done differently
- develop new skills such as organising, communicating, leading and teamwork
- get discounts... money off all sorts of things!
How it works
Members of the SU are elected to our Student Union Executive, which meets weekly and organises events. SU Executive members also attend meetings to influence decisions about our College. For example, there's a big meeting every half-term called the Student Subcommittee - our SU goes to this meeting with our Principal and some governors. Big decisions are made and our students' opinions are heard.
Keeping in touch
Our SU let us know what happens in meetings and keeps us up to date through:
- our learning resource - Moodle
- our Student's online magazine "The Alternative"
- The Alton College SU Facebook page
You can make suggestions and ask for something to be discussed at a meeting. Just email one of the SU Executive members or catch them in person.
More about discounts
When you start here in September, you can buy an NUS Extra card (NUS is short for National Union of Students). If you show your card when you're buying something, like clothes, food, cinema tickets and so on, you get money off the usual price.
- What's related: