Alton College is authorised to recruit students under the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) Tier 4 (General) Points Based System. All candidates must make their application for a Student Visa under the Tier 4 (General) category. They will need to provide their Certificate of Acceptance to Study (CAS) number, issued by Alton College when a student is offered their unconditional place. They will also need to provide evidence of their ability to pay for their studies, and to cover their living expenses whilst in the UK, a letter of permission from their parent or legal guardian, with certified, documented proof of the relationship with their parent.

For full details of how to apply for a visa, please refer to the UKVI website, and if you have any questions, contact the Alton College International Team by emailing

For help on visa applications, written in Mandarin, please see this guide, published by the UK Border Agency.