Are you ready for university?
UCAS Applications for 2013
The 15th January UCAS deadline has now passed, however late applications can be made up to the 30th June. After this applications go straight into Clearing.
Just because you have left College doesn't mean you can't get help in applying to University. If you would like to discuss your plans, please call Student Support on 01420 592212, email UCASadmin@altoncollege.ac.uk or pop into the Student Hub.
Once you are ready to apply, please follow the steps below. This will help us to help you make sure everything runs smoothly.
1. Use the former students application help form to ask for a "UCAS Apply Checklist". (You will also receive other documents giving you advice and information on making your application).
2. Use the buzzword from the Checklist to register as an Alton College student. Please make sure you do this instead of registering as an independent candidate. Select "former student" as your application group.
3. Complete all sections of the UCAS application but do not click on Pay/Send at this point. Please email UCASadmin@altoncollege.ac.uk and we will check through it online - we will then advise you to either make amendments or complete the pay/send section. Please note the College deadlines below.
4. Once you have completed the application and pay/send section, please fill in the checklist and email it through to the email address shown.
5. As a former student there are two fees to pay:
a) UCAS fee (2013 entry - £23 or £12 if you are applying to one course only). This will be paid online as you complete the pay/send section.
b) College Administration fee (£20). This should be paid via the online store.
6. We will contact your former Tutor/Senior Tutor or Student Services Manager to request a reference. Please note this can take up to 15 College days (excluding weekends/term holidays) - please do not chase prior to the 15 day deadline.
Monday 24th Sep 2012: Oxbridge, plus all applications for Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Medicine/Science.
Monday 22nd Oct 2012: Advisory internal deadline for all other applications.
Monday 26th Nov 2012: Final deadline for all applications.
Friday 7th June 2013: For applications made after the 15th January UCAS deadline.
Advice regarding resitting exams
Due to changes in the exams structure, the one and only re-sit opportunity for ex-students is the summer after they have left College.
Ex-students may apply for re-sits for written papers via the online store, ensuring they also pay the administration fee for recent leavers. Re-sit deadlines must be met.
Any request to re-submit coursework must be authorised by a Director of Learning and signed paperwork submitted to the Hub.